Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De La Hoya going to offer a percentage split, $15 mil off the table for Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Does any NSB member have info on the $15 million offer? No, but that doesn't stop us from talking about it
    The source is Dan Rafael @ ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by fsutton View Post
      no way canelo does 2nd day weigh in for Ibf if he ever fights G.
      Honestly sounds like a half ass rule.

Either do Friday weigh in or do same day weigh in.

We all know all know all fighters drain themselves to make weight. None of these MW's would be MW's with same day weigh in, they would be trying to drain down to 168 on Saturday, and then gain like 5-8lbs by fight night.

I feel like second day Saturday weigh in is like a pseudo-strict rule. IBF trying to be serious in a boxing world with too many belts and too many weight classes. Like someone trying to be serious in a circus.

And just for the record, I didn't give a damn about the whole Lemiuex skipping the 2nd day weigh in for IBF, before anyone accuses me of not being fair to all fighters. I skipped that conversation altogether because I honestly didn't care for such a rule. Don't care about it for Jacobs, and wouldn't care about it for Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        If HBO hasn't profited from GGG they shouldn't even be in the boxing business. I mean HBO boxing gets their budget & their ratings need to warrant something to HBO or they don't continue their relationship with that specific fighter if he's not moving the needle enough. And for PPV I'd assume them to have a vast datebase on the PPV demo & history & can put a guarantee & bonus structure on all their fights that allow for them to make money.

So basically what you are suggesting is HBO Boxing needs to be reprimanded by HBO if they aren't getting the ratings & new subscribers from their usage of funds for GGG fights or the PPV arm doesn't have the correct payout structure for their PPV's. Either way its HBO Boxing's fault not anything to do with GGG.

TLDR, If you overpay someone for something you misvalued its on you not the guy you overpaid.
        You wrote all that just to agree with me that the honus is on HBO?

Comment

• It is a stupid rule because it will break up the unified titles and G has to do it. If Canelo doesnt do 2nd day weigh in G should drop the ibf as well but he won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            The 3 scenario's are:

1. It was not real, a bluff that K2 refused to even call. So it doesn't matter now. Bluffs should be called, who ends up looking worse? GBP/Canelo for making fake deals. K2 did not entertain saying "Yes, we accept".

2. It was real - Part 1. DLH/GBP thought GGG was more popular, they overestimated him, heard the PPV numbers for Jacobs and came to their senses saying "okay, this PPV will not hit 1 mill+..probably 750k TOPS..in that case we will not have the money to give him $15 mill".

3. It was real - Part 2. K2 knew it was real, behind the scenes everyone knew it was real, it was offered, GBP somehow does have the money - it was declined because K2 thinks the PPV will be wildly successful for some reason, 1mill+ PPV's, and $15 mill was a lowball offer from their perspective. They want a normal cut of the hugely successful 1.5-2 million PPV buys they're imagining, where GGG rakes in at least $20mill with a 40% cut.
            4) The 15 M was real, but was accompanied by several hard to swallow stipulations such as GBP getting options on GGG's next 5 fights, a return would see a pursesplit of 90-10 in favor of Canela etc. K2 doesnt go public as they see it as a part of a real negotiation process.

Right now it doesnt look as if it indeed was a negotiation process. It looks more like a marketing plooy by GBP in trying to save some face, but k2 thought it was real, and took the bait. Hook, line and sinker.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K View Post
              So you agree Liam smith is the bigger name cause he got 25
              Well Canelo got 350k with Liam Smith (who is significantly less known than Jacobs or Lemieux)...and lil g still only managed 150k AGAIN.

Smith is one of Canelo's WORST PPV's he also has a share of the 3rd highest ever 2.2m w/ Floyd, 900k w/ Cotto, and another blockbuster coming up w/ JCC.

If I'm Canelo I am giving, at most, 20%.

Comment

• 85/15 HAHAHAHAHAHA

nah but 25 is gucci for GGG, take it and then make a bet with Canelo before the fight for all the money like with Chavez.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Do you still live with your mother? If so, are you telling strangers on a forum to come fight you in your mother's home?

Not sure how serious you two are, but stop it. And if you haven't given him your home address, don't.

Only guy who can get away with all that is larryx.
                  He started it with the old "i'll bang your mom tonight and the neighbors will hear" so i assume he knew where i lived or else why would he say that? I didnt see him though so maybe he's just a moron

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    "A June Golovkin fight would be a disrespect to everybody," De La Hoya said. "How serious do they want to make this fight happen? He could get cut, he could get dropped, he could get beat. You can hurt a hand. It would be too close to September and would not give us the proper time to promote a fight of this magnitude. The June fight would derail everything.

"How can we take a risk on him getting cut or hurt? We have sponsors who want to begin to promote the day after the Chavez fight."

How the fuck can Oscar say that with a straight face after sending Loeffler an offer, back in August 2016, for a fight in September 2017?

In his next fight after sending that offer, Canelo broke his hand and was out of action for 6 months.

Using Oscar's "logic" ... Is Canelo fighting Chavez in May, not also a disrespect to everybody? What if he breaks his hand again or loses to Chavez?

It's as plain as the white smear on the end of De La Coka's nose after he's just snorted a line ... he's planning to use GGG vs Saunders in June as an excuse to avoid fighting GGG in Sept, and put the blame on Golovkin.
                    Exactly!
                    Canelo's team are being hypocrites.

Comment

• Good news. this is what ggg's fans wanted. No flat fee, give the man a percentage of the ppv

Comment

Working...
                      X