No announcement yet.

Think John Skipper just let slip Canelo/Jacobs done 1.2 million in the US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Catchy but not exactly effective IMO? I'm with Evan Rutkowski that they should stop that angle and instead use the angle of PPV like events for the low price of $19.99. Or something like that where you fit in the yearly subscription. The DAZN commercials for the most part are complete duds and just plain bad.
    I still say funny is the way to go. And thats the way they've went so far with the Canelo/Buffer ad + the Tracy Morgan stuff. Can they be funnier? Sure, but sometimes it takes a minute to find that perfect mascot &/or slogan.

Anyone remember when Michael Buffer used to say "Man your battle stations"?.

Although maybe I'm off & there is a new style of hipsters going on with all this "look good, feel good, living my best life" sh^t & they should maybe use Ak & Barak (Jesus & Satan help me for saying this) & take a more serious approach with their ads idk.

Comment

ESPN is a MACHINE and obviously a proven commodity stateside. So will DAZN be on ESPN's level? Highly highly unlikely, but that's okay. They can still be very successful even if they aren't on ESPN's level. They just have to be a big factor in the US and then do what they have been doing worldwide.

Skipper's interview was legit.
      If ESPN isn't the ESPN of streaming in a decade SOMEONE will be that in their place. And will have become a machine themselves. Thats all I'm saying.

And maybe ESPN keeps their title into the streaming world to idk, but I think its a new world & while they got the brand power someone could knock them off. Maybe DAZN, maybe someone else. I still say we are a long way off from knowing who's gonna be running things in the streaming world or if anyone is running things & it just turns into the same setup as the cable TV we are used to, but streaming.

I'm still waiting for Amazon, Netflix, Hulu or that new Disney service to start talking about live sports more seriously cuz I think thats where things gotta go & while niche is cool the more options you got the less likely you get offed & gotta go outta business or get bought out.

Comment

Someone said it the other day. I think it's that guy with the blonde hair.

Worldwide according to him, but vast majority from america.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
          My bad, I was going to say "join".

I was just looking at it from the perspective of a consumer. Why would you want to pay more for something when you can get it for less? PPV as it's, is a rip off. On the long run, the DAZN model is better and it will expand the fan base of boxing, while still enriching the boxers.

Even when you look at the PPV model, it's driven by excessive profiteering because the broadcasters make more than the boxers. While the consumers overpay for a product they can get for less. And it limits the number of people who consume the sport because not everyone can afford the outrageous PPV price. It is also the reason why boxing has suffered a great deal in terms of reach and why there are more casuals than actual fans.
          You not wanting PPV is fine and dandy. But I never once stated in my post that I wanted DAZN to go the PPV route, just that Skipper didn't completely shoot it down and if they do go PPV, I don't think they will be charging $75 bucks. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I still say funny is the way to go. And thats the way they've went so far with the Canelo/Buffer ad + the Tracy Morgan stuff. Can they be funnier? Sure, but sometimes it takes a minute to find that perfect mascot &/or slogan.

Anyone remember when Michael Buffer used to say "Man your battle stations"?.

Although maybe I'm off & there is a new style of hipsters going on with all this "look good, feel good, living my best life" sh^t & they should maybe use Ak & Barak (Jesus & Satan help me for saying this) & take a more serious approach with their ads idk.
            Meh, don't think it is really working and it just pointless. The angle of PPV caliber events for a much lower price point is the way to go here I think.

Whatever though, doubt commercials have a big impact on if someone gets DAZN subscription or not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              When they go to ppv and start charging the extra $$ it’s going to be fun watching bigdunny1 , frankie2bans and some others sell us on the virtue of ppv streaming. Lol.

I posted a Forbes article where they said more than half the people that signed up for Dazn with Canelo/fielding dropped the service after the fight.

They need to make Fights available on a per fight basis.
              I think they're going to have to ppv or hike the rates. You can't take a guy who does a million at $80 a pop, and pay him more for doing a million at $10 to $20 a pop. It just doesn't add up.

Comment

Many LDBC posters in this thread. We just need uppercut510 and it’s all good!

What many of these guys still fail to realize is VOD. It’s not about live views, it’s about daily buys, worldwide!

PPV doesn’t have this model.

DAZN growing stronger each day.

We in dis thang mayne!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I think they're going to have to ppv or hike the rates. You can't take a guy who does a million at $80 a pop, and pay him more for doing a million at $10 to $20 a pop. It just doesn't add up.
                  Canelo Jacobs event grossed 48 million...

Is DAZN simply boxing?

Daily, weekly, monthly... stats rev easily adds up as each day DAZN grows stronger

Comment

Meh, don't think it is really working and it just pointless. The angle of PPV caliber events for a much lower price point is the way to go here I think.

Whatever though, doubt commercials have a big impact on if someone gets DAZN subscription or not.
                    Advertising works. And if DAZN is going to be around for the long haul they need to brand themselves as something & have memorable sh^t besides just content. Granted you gotta have the content to, but if they can get some viral moment going thats a huge + for them til they start acquiring the content thats going to bring in the big money & the wider audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Advertising works. And if DAZN is going to be around for the long haul they need to brand themselves as something & have memorable sh^t besides just content. Granted you gotta have the content to, but if they can get some viral moment going thats a huge + for them til they start acquiring the content thats going to bring in the big money & the wider audience.
                      DAZN will be just fine. Log off the LDBC channels. That’s a start to success

Comment

Working...
                      X