No announcement yet.

Think John Skipper just let slip Canelo/Jacobs done 1.2 million in the US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think John Skipper just let slip Canelo/Jacobs done 1.2 million in the US

Really interesting interview btw. Says it about 10:20 in https://youtu.be/7lchFDdqwPw

He didn't say 1.2 million in the US. Those numbers were released right after the Canelo fight and those were the worldwide figures, NOT just the US viewers.

Executives at the streaming service DAZN were thrilled Wednesday by an internal report that showed 1.2 million worldwide viewers for Saturday’s middleweight title victory by Canelo Alvarez.
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...508-story.html

Comment

Watching the interview from that point on, interesting that he didn't rule out future PPVs on DAZN. Said the "no more PPV" propaganda is just pretty much public advertising and posturing.

Now, he said he doesn't expect a PPV in the future but didn't exactly shut it down either. If they do PPVs, I'm guessing it will be in the $30-40 range and not the usual $75 dollar PPVs on other networks.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        He didn't say 1.2 million in the US. Those numbers were released right after the Canelo fight and those were the worldwid2e figures, NOT just the US viewers.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...508-story.html
        I thought the number was 1,4 million worldwide? Oh well nevermind

Comment

Watching the interview from that point on, interesting that he didn't rule out future PPVs on DAZN. Said the "no more PPV" propaganda is just pretty much public advertising and posturing.

Now, he said he doesn't expect a PPV in the future but didn't exactly shut it down either. If they do PPVs, I'm guessing it will be in the $30-40 range and not the usual $75 dollar PPVs on other networks.
          When they go to ppv and start charging the extra $$ it’s going to be fun watching bigdunny1 , frankie2bans and some others sell us on the virtue of ppv streaming. Lol.

I posted a Forbes article where they said more than half the people that signed up for Dazn with Canelo/fielding dropped the service after the fight.

They need to make Fights available on a per fight basis.

Comment

What were said in the interview?

Will appreciate a condensed version from whoever watched the whole thing

Comment

That will be a fun day to post on this forum.

Comment

Skipper pretty much confirmed most of the subscriptions have come off Canelo fights.

So anyone arguing DAZN overpaid for Canelo on that deal? Laughable, if anything it looks like he is getting underpaid. Though it seems like the figure varies fight to fight as he got around 45-48M for Jacobs. And should be getting more for the GGG trilogy. Obviously won't get that much for say a Lemieux fight.

Comment

So head of DAZN basically saying PPV isnt dead lol

Comment

Ha. I was just saying that to someone a week or so ago & he was saying if DAZN did a PPV they'd go outta business or something nutty like that. If I remembered who that was with or what thread it was in I'd bump it with this news.

For some reason boxing fans are some of the most uncreative mfers out there. I remember when some cats were saying if PBC did a PPV they'd be ruined too lol.

Its business mfers. Sometimes you gotta pivot & adjust to market changes.

Comment

Working...
                    X