Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you rank higher Cotto or Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marquez, is there any doubts?

Comment

Cotto. Outside of going 50/50 w/ Pac for the most part, what has Marquez done? Get clowned by Floyd and Timmy?
      Cotto at least gave Floyd a tough fight. Canelo too. Cotto isn't all that great to me but Marquez is hugely overrated.

Comment

Cotto for me but its close I feel he has more facets to his game. Marquez has the better win but Cotto has slightly more depth to his resume its easy to forget how good Mosley still was, what a dangerous sob Torres and the likes were.

Cotto but can see the argument for Marquez.

Comment

marquez for sure. even though he cheated in the 4th pac fight he still has a claim that he might have won the first 3 along with a solid resume of guys like salido, juan diaz, casamayor, katsidis, and when you watch the norwood and john fights he should have gotten those decisions over 2 top guys.

Comment

Marquez and its not close.

Marquez is close to ATG status. Cotto was just a standard belt holder level guy

Comment

And don't forget

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              Marquez and its not close.

Marquez is close to ATG status. Cotto was just a standard belt holder level guy
              Marquez was also lineal champion at lightweight and UNIFIED, something Cotto has never come close to. Cotto was steamrolled by Pacquiao and Marquez was Pacquiaos kryptonite. No debate about it.

Comment

Funny how posters on here downplay Marquez's KO of Pac by saying it's a FACT he was juiced up for that fight .
                So it must be a FACT Pacquiao juiced for the Hatton fight ? Or the Mosley and Cotto fights ? Sorry . A bunch of Fanboys agreeing to something on a forum doesn't mean it's true

Comment

Cotto lost damn near everytime he stepped up.

Comment

Marquez never took a knee.

Comment

If you mean who was the better fighter and had the better career my vote is for Marquez. They have a common opponent in Pacquiao and the results speak for themselves. Cotto was a bigger man so he did things at 154 and 160 that Marquez couldn't do but PFP prime against prime I think Marquez was better. Actually Cotto did some of his best fighting with Roach when he was past prime age wise. If Roach had been Cotto's trainer from the start I think Cotto would have had a better career with more wins and less losses.

Comment

Working...
                      X