Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG will be age 38, same as DURAN vs Iran Barkley. Can He Pull It Off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    What makes you think GGG can pull this one off when he lost the second?
    Body punching and the fact that Canelo thought he closed the book on GGG. So we are looking at a style overhaul and perhaps some underestimation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
      Body punching and the fact that Canelo thought he closed the book on GGG. So we are looking at a style overhaul and perhaps some underestimation.
      Man I would love to see GGG go to the body in the third and just keep that constant pressure on Canelo.

I want GGG to prevail but it's a tall order.

Comment

ggg declining, canelo improving.

that fat red kid is no longer a kid, so bet your money on that fat red man liting that boy up like a christmas tree

Comment

No, he's too old and has a coach that doesn't suit him. GGG won the first two fights imo and 'll be supporting him if the third fight ever happens, but realistically, it's the end of the line for Golovkin, he loses the third bout for real this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
            this fight will be at 168lbs doe

didn't the article say 160... ?

I always thought that trilogy would happen at 168, not sure

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post

why did Golovkin abandon his trademark bodywork in the first 2x fights?

you think he simply... " forgot " ... ?

that shlt is instinctive, how would it be possible to simply " forget "?

what will change.... that will enable Golovkin to do something in the 3rd fight, that he could not do in the first 2x fights?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                why did Golovkin abandon his trademark bodywork in the first 2x fights?

you think he simply... " forgot " ... ?

that shlt is instinctive, how would it be possible to simply " forget "?

what will change.... that will enable Golovkin to do something in the 3rd fight, that he could not do in the first 2x fights?
                GGG used a strategy that many felt won him the fight. Maybe that’s why he used it. He sees now that a decision is off the table against the cash cow so it’s time to go for the KO, Fury style. This is just a maybe that I’m introducing to the forum, of course. Not a mind reader. But I’d be willing to bet it’s going down this way.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  never rematch a thinking fighter

we saw what happened to Pacquiao when he pushed his luck a 4th time

we all saw what happened to Wilder when he pushed his luck

never rematch a more-skilled, more well-rounded, thinking, fighter

it is obvious who will make the better adjustments... and Canelo is STILL showing improvement every time he steps into the ring
                  On the bold....bro lol...you can't say that 4th!!! fight vs Pac and Marquez proves your point lol...they had great exciting fights every time they fought, and many think they were basically even in all 3 fights more or less.

And then right vs lefty...Manny got his feet tied up, and caught a straight right down the pipe in fight 4 and got KTFO lol.

If Marquez really boxed his a.ss up in the 2nd fight you would have a point...but if it takes you a 3rd or even 4th!!! fight to finally breakthrough against a guy in a big way...well it is just as likely that you got 'lucky' as it is that you figured him out lol.

Especially when you win like how Marquez did in the 4th!! fight...and when the first 3 were so close and evenly matched.

Comment

GGG is comparable to Duran levels-wise for me...but Canelo is a different level and probably at least two over Barkley...Barkley was what he was...a rather limited brawler who would be a long day for anyone...but if you could box and take a shot you would most likely beat him...Canelo has issues with inactivity but he has great skills and was probably more durable than Barkley too.

I still think GGG can outwork Canelo most rounds, even now...and would be a good bet to take a decision if the setting was neutral...but Canelo improved against him in fight 2, and I could see him closing the gap further in fight 3...but I still think GGG will likely outwork him most rounds...GGG is just considerably more active than Canelo, but Canelo has some very good work as well, and does some great combo punching at times....but he tends to fight in spurts, likely to conserve stamina which has been an issue for him.

Will be interesting to see if GGG comes in with the mindset that he has to go for the KO...could lead to a great fight...motivation wise this 3rd fight should favor GGG - he has everything to prove now, while Canelo will be a little fat and happy after his win in the 2nd fight (and wins since then)...kind of the opposite scenario to fight 2, where Canelo, with the PED scandal and draw/Mexican style taunts from fight 1, had everything to prove.

Will have to see how each guy looks closer to the fight, and what reports are coming out of their camps, how confident each looks etc...hard to call it now.

So often the difference between winning in losing in sports is motivation levels...to use an extreme example, the worst team in a league can beat the best, on any given day, because they are very likely more motivated on that given day when they face the best team...the best team just looks at them like another guy.

That motivation should be in GGG's favor but we will see...if someone gets KOed I will still lean to GGG getting KOed, as he looked a little vulnerable vs SD...but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks here...hopefully it happens late this year while GGG should still have a decent shot to do some good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      On the bold....bro lol...you can't say that 4th!!! fight vs Pac and Marquez proves your point lol...they had great exciting fights every time they fought, and many think they were basically even in all 3 fights more or less.

And then right vs lefty...Manny got his feet tied up, and caught a straight right down the pipe in fight 4 and got KTFO lol.

If Marquez really boxed his a.ss up in the 2nd fight you would have a point...but if it takes you a 3rd or even 4th!!! fight to finally breakthrough against a guy in a big way...well it is just as likely that you got 'lucky' as it is that you figured him out lol.

Especially when you win like how Marquez did in the 4th!! fight...and when the first 3 were so close and evenly matched.

other than the 2nd fight... it just kept getting worse for Pac

JMM had his number

he already dropped Pac in that fight, and he KO'd a sparring partner with the exact same punch in camp

Comment

Working...
                      X