Collapse
No announcement yet.

Face facts, Hearn is the best promoter in the game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's doing great in the U.K. Let's see him take that success to the US. The way he's handling the Joshua-Wilder situation, he looks like any other promoter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Everyone done circle jerking to a picture of Hearn yet

Is the best promoter the one who can build the biggest stars because if that’s the case then wouldn’t it go to Top Rank/Arum because their responsible for consistently creating the biggest stars of the sport and do the best job of raising their entire stables Profile among boxing fans

Or is it the promoter right now who is Putting on the best fights consistently and if that’s the case it’s probably DiBella

Hearn right now has 1 star and a couple
      Fighters who are only big in the Uk. throughout the calendar year he puts on 3-5 top end fights.
      The only thing Hearn is #1 at is being over rated on NSB

all facts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        His dad literally made a household name by actually marketing how boring someone was, whilst simultaneously promoting something as fundamentally boring as snooker. Yanks probably won't know what a legend of sports promotion Eddie's old man is.

The Hearn's are good at the job.

Dipoing his toe in America just gives another avenue for better fights to be made.

The biggest challenge for me is to see if he can make the Kazahk Olympian a star in England. Not in America where they are used to watching two foreigners fighting but here.

For the UK becomes a real avenue for fights to be made that don't have a definitive home corner then boxing itself will get such a massive boost.
        Shut up. Steve Davis was an interesting guy.

Comment

Lot of hate on this thread, fact is he's got boxing booming in this country.

Comment

#EarnwithHearn

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Everyone done circle jerking to a picture of Hearn yet

Is the best promoter the one who can build the biggest stars because if that’s the case then wouldn’t it go to Top Rank/Arum because their responsible for consistently creating the biggest stars of the sport and do the best job of raising their entire stables Profile among boxing fans

Or is it the promoter right now who is Putting on the best fights consistently and if that’s the case it’s probably DiBella

Hearn right now has 1 star and a couple
              Fighters who are only big in the Uk. throughout the calendar year he puts on 3-5 top end fights.
              The only thing Hearn is #1 at is being over rated on NSB
              What constitutes a star? By my estimation the biggest indicator would be what they earn, social media hits, gate, etc. Who are Top Rank's biggest stars? Pacquiao obviously, (not sure if he's still with them) but after that probably Crawford and Lomachenko. They are certainly the best two fighters in the world for my money, but in all fairness Scott Quigg has probably earned as much as Lomachenko since Loma turned pro, and Quigg's definitely not the star that Lomachenko is. On the flip side - two fighters who are THAT good, and have accomplished as much as Crawford and Loma have, how are they not bigger stars, and how are they not earning more money???

There is no doubting Top Rank's credentials and history, but its kind of unfair to compare and use that against Eddie Hearn, who has only been prevalent for the last 4-5 years. So we should be talking about the here and now, and the recent past.

Hearn has made several fighters multimillionaires, not just Joshua. Froch, Brook, Bellew, Degale (part) have all earned multimillions with Hearn. On top of that people like Crolla, Quigg, Whyte, have all earned 7 figures. He has turned Katie Taylor a women boxer into a headliner.

You might not like the man, but you can't argue with his results in such a short time. The opportunities he has provided for Luke Campbell, the Smith brothers, and Kal Yafai also can't be overlooked.

Its arguable if Lou Dibella is putting on the best fights, is he even behind the match making for Wilder? Who are his fighters? Wilder, Zlaticinin, Indongo, Who else?

The fight of the year last year was Joshua-Klitschko. Already we have had Quigg-Valdez, Parker-Joshua next week, and some seriously good fights ahead from Matchroom. He's also not afraid to take a risk, and match his fighters with other stables, which we certainly can't say about Top Rank. I think he is the best promoter today, by a distance.

Comment

I swear we have this thread at least once a month here, but yea he's clearly among the best promoters in the game right now & I'd say he's my #1 promoter.

People sh^t on the guy, but I find him highly entertaining. I doubt I've watched so much random "promoter talk" discussions with other promoters combined as I've watched with Hearn with Kugan or Radio Rahemm or whoever.

And obviously he knows what he's doing with his shows with making them competitive + appealing too which is what every promoter should be striving for, but so few seem to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Lot of hate on this thread, fact is he's got boxing booming in this country.
                  Which country yours or mine?

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    Which country yours or mine?
                    mine.......

Comment

I like him more than any promoter but he's still a weasel just like any other boxing promoter

Comment

Working...
                      X