Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was better in their Peak & Prime? Roy Jones or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    I gotta go with Floyd. I think RJJr's losses make him a more acceptable choice to Floyd haters.
    I pick Roy because I thought he was clearly better and not because I hate Floyd. Why would anyone pick Roy because of his losses? The question was who was better when both were prime and Jones only lost once in his prime by DQ for hitting a downed boxer. He KOed that boxer in one round in his next fight. Most posters voted for Roy because they honestly think he was better in his prime and not because they hate Mayweather.

Comment

I don’t think we’re arguing who’s greater, or comparing careers. Some get confused. I’m looking at who achieved higher heights and whose talent was simply more impressive. To me, that’s Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
        It wasn't horrible.
        Now that is surely a joke!

He was scared to fight Dariusz. That is the truth. He was scared to fight a B-Hop with more than three years of experience. That is what he is remembered for. For possibly being the best fighter ever, but being too scared to see if he really was the best or not. So he is remembered for his fear. It is a shame someone with so much talent was so overcome with fear and worry to never even test himself.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Just as a whole downplaying his career.

That's what Floyd does though. That's a side of him I was never a fan of.
          Agreed. As a fighter he was greeat. As a person he always came off like an as*hole that seemed insecure about the greats before him.

As far as the original question.....Roy, hands down. At his best he was the most dominant fighter I've seen in my lifetime.

Comment

Roy was very fun to watch, but he was nowhere near Mayweather's level.

Comment

Floyd fought better competition throughout his prime and only had a couple close fights. Roy toyed with mostly a bunch of cans. Roy did look good against Hopkins and Toney though. Floyd's prime lasted longer than Roy's. Roy also popped for PED's during his prime... ripped fuel supplement doe. I enjoyed both fighters but the competition difference is major for me along with Roy pissing hot.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                This thread was made about 2 weeks ago, and then a few weeks before that, and probably a few weeks before that...zzzzz
                A thread like this gets made several times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                  Floyd fought better competition throughout his prime and only had a couple close fights. Roy toyed with mostly a bunch of cans. Roy did look good against Hopkins and Toney though.
                  hopkins and toney are miles better than anybody floyd fought...in his whole career...

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
                    Now that is surely a joke!

He was scared to fight Dariusz. That is the truth. He was scared to fight a B-Hop with more than three years of experience. That is what he is remembered for. For possibly being the best fighter ever, but being too scared to see if he really was the best or not. So he is remembered for his fear. It is a shame someone with so much talent was so overcome with fear and worry to never even test himself.
                    Another joke post.

Scared?

Based on what?

Do you know what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      Floyd fought better competition throughout his prime and only had a couple close fights. Roy toyed with mostly a bunch of cans. Roy did look good against Hopkins and Toney though. Floyd's prime lasted longer than Roy's. Roy also popped for PED's during his prime... ripped fuel supplement doe. I enjoyed both fighter but the competition difference is major for me along with Roy pissing hot.
                      who are these better people??? floyd took a retirement break when the comp got hot.

Comment

Working...
                      X