Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Spence-Porter Set For September 28 At Staples Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is such an interesting fight. Porter has a real shot. I think everyone knows that. But I wonder how many will actually PICK him over Spence, who has shown himself to be the real deal. I would argue Porter has the better competition on his record, but that would only mean something if Spence didn't just look so good. Could I see me picking the upset here, just to make the boards more fun? Heck yeah, I could. I can easily come up with a few scenarios on how Porter wins this. However, Spence is mostly elevated to the #1 or #2 position at this weight, and right now I think I would pick him over Crawford. So if that is true, it is hard not to go with Spence.

But, wow, is this a good match.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
      This is such an interesting fight. Porter has a real shot. I think everyone knows that. But I wonder how many will actually PICK him over Spence, who has shown himself to be the real deal. I would argue Porter has the better competition on his record, but that would only mean something if Spence didn't just look so good. Could I see me picking the upset here, just to make the boards more fun? Heck yeah, I could. I can easily come up with a few scenarios on how Porter wins this. However, Spence is mostly elevated to the #1 or #2 position at this weight, and right now I think I would pick him over Crawford. So if that is true, it is hard not to go with Spence.

But, wow, is this a good match.
      You just said a whole bunch of nothing. Spence spanks Porter's ass. Spence is too big and strong. Porter runs right into a power shot by Spence all night.

Comment

This fight should have def taken place at the Barclays. Staples Center is not the best location for 2 black American boxers.

Bunch of drunk Latinos booing hooping and hollering soon as there is a dull moment in the fight where 1000 reckless punches aren't being thrown.

Also Spence has been going way too long in between fights and now the next time he fights after Porter he'll be over 30 years old. They should of had this dude fighting at least 3 times a year.

But at least we got a date.

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
          ****!!!! I'll make this the first boxing event I attend!
          Right on! There’s nothing like a big time boxing match live. I’m not going to drop names but I got to sit next to, and takes pics with sum legit pros. I hope it’s a good experience for u too. Depending on the card it can be a long night, but sometimes u might get to see a prospect that becomes something. Sometimes it’s nice to watch without the commentators in your ear too.

Comment

[QUOTE=kidaguilar;19908871]You just said a whole bunch of nothing. Spence spanks Porter's ass. Spence is too big and strong. Porter runs right into a power shot by Spence all night.[/QUOT

C’mon u just gave the guy grief for saying a “whole bunch of nothing”. But then u say Spence is too big and strong but somehow Porter will be able to run into his power shot all night? How does that work? So what outcome are u actually predicting? A decision? A knockout?

Comment

I' hope Porter does really well , I don't like how Spence is overlooking Porter.

Look, I think Spence is the goods, and is possibly the top welterweight(you could rotate him with Crawford)
              But he's not just some super cold defensive one punch knock out wizard. He's no Hearns or anything, so it isn't like it would be inconceivable for Porter to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Why would either fighter care about a celebration of Mexican Independence Day?

Kentucky Derby weekend, sure make the move (the Derby is on the first Saturday of every May, regardless of the date), but that's about it.

No need
                Over the past 20 years, Mexican Independence Day along with Cinco de Mayo has become synonymous with "Big Fight Weekend". Sorta like how Christmas, originally intended to commemorate Jesus's birthday, morphed into a shopping fest and St. Patrick's Day, having something to do with driving snakes out of Ireland, turned into a huge excuse to get chitfaced.

Simply put, not all boxing fans who tune into the fights that weekend are Mexican and not all Mexican FIGHT FANS only care about Mexican fighters. Would be a brilliant counter-programming move if Spence-Porter was held that weekend and Spence gained a legion of Mexican fans with a dominant "Mexican Style" performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  That's what I was thinking. That was Wilder's rumored date initially. Same location too.
                  So basically Spence forcing PPV cost Wilder his venue lol. Now we know who's priority in PBC stable.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Staples is a great Arena, they need to Load this Card Up as well because Los Angeles can be a difficult to get people to come up sometimes
                    Mam I wish we had that problem in Australia.
                    If ever their is even a half decent match up fans come out in droves to watch that ish.
                    I wish I was born in the USofA you guys get all the good things their.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      FOX has 10 shows, FS1 has 12 shows, and then you've got at least another 12 Showtime main dates (plus another dozen ShoBox dates), all available for the $100 that DAZN was selling you a year for (with a dead summer/early fall already happening).

Before PBC, how many shows we're being put forward to give fans a chance to maybe get back into watching fights again?

Let the hate go, man
                      Who cares about those shows, though? There could be a million free shows on network TV, but if none of is it quality, then it won't move the needle. Anything worth watching is being put behind a major pay wall.

Comment

Working...
                      X