Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Cobra Kai Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before season 1 I dismissed the show thinking it’s some kids sht but when I gave it a try, I was thrilled. It brought so much nostalgia.

Havent even seen S2 yet..

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      I actually liked the ending I felt they had to sum it up with serious drama before it got way too cheesy to the point of no return.

But yeah hands down season 1 was the ISH! Season 2 is like a B- in my book.
      SPOILER WARNING

Besides the ending another thing I didn't like was that there was too much "empowered female" stuff going on. Daniel's wife in particular was an annoying shrew.

Also the unnecessary lesbian scene.

The first season was all about how modern era sensibilities could use a kick in the ass from the '80s. This season it seems like they caved in too much to those modern sensibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Contains spoilers.

I liked the ending too.

Showing they will kill off or drastically change a key character leaves the audience in suspense. You dont know what they'll do next. No sacred cows.

I think the writers are top notch.

They actually admit they were huge Karate Kid superfans and this series comes from that.

I wish the Star Wars movies had done something similar.

Cant wait for Season 3.
        Thats right bro! I wish Star Wars hired these guys instead. It really helps when writers are true fans!

I like Miguel too he although in Cobra Kai always was the smart one and knew where to draw the line on morality. He also was the only one smart enough to call out Kreese for the Somalia geography error and calling his BS right on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Before season 1 I dismissed the show thinking it’s some kids sht but when I gave it a try, I was thrilled. It brought so much nostalgia.

Havent even seen S2 yet..
          Yeah bro I had my doubts before starting season 1 and once I started watching it I was blown away! I love the 80's nostalgia and they got it right on point!

Season 2 is not as good as Season 1 just cuz season 1 was epic but season 2 is solid and if anything developed the show for what's to come in season 3.

Watch season 2 bro so we can discuss it here!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            SPOILER WARNING

Besides the ending another thing I didn't like was that there was too much "empowered female" stuff going on. Daniel's wife in particular was an annoying shrew.

Also the unnecessary lesbian scene.

The first season was all about how modern era sensibilities could use a kick in the ass from the '80s. This season it seems like they caved in too much to those modern sensibilities.
            I disagree bro. If anything Captain Marvel and Endgame both pissed me off with the empowered female BS.

CK did it in a more realistic manner with chick fights and chicks competing how real kids would.

I thought Daniel's wife was the only one who was realistic and calling out Daniel for not having his priorities straight on his automotive business (his bread and butter) and to obsessed with the miyagi do.

The lesbian scene was not hot enough they should have showed those 2 hot chicks making out or something lol.

At least the 2 lesbos were hot and not the typical overweight short haired butch ones.

Comment

Yeah bro I had my doubts before starting season 1 and once I started watching it I was blown away! I love the 80's nostalgia and they got it right on point!
              Me too.

I thought it would be bad, maybe even bad enough to ruin the old movies.

I watched it because the first 2 episodes were free, just to kill some time on a commute.

When the scene I have in my sig came on, I was hooked. Been watching it ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Me too.

I thought it would be bad, maybe even bad enough to ruin the old movies.

I watched it because the first 2 episodes were free, just to kill some time on a commute.

When the scene I have in my sig came on, I was hooked. Been watching it ever since.
                yes! me too I was like ok ill watch the first 2 eps cuz they free lol. Then I was like WHOA they did this right!

They made Johnny a washed up bum who you wanted to root for and get behind!

When Johnny started beating up kids trying to jump him as your sig scene was I was like hell yea they not gonna make this corny.

Comment

A few years ago, William Zabka also made a great appearance on the last season of Psych as a gym coach named Derek Bag, so his character was literally named Coach D Bag lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    A few years ago, William Zabka also made a great appearance on the last season of Psych as a gym coach named Derek Bag, so his character was literally named Coach D Bag lol.
                    LOL awesome!

I love HIMYM and he was on there too because Barney idolized him so they got him to surprise Barney at his bachelors party.

Man HIMYM was epic because Barney would smash all these dimes on the show, he's like one of my fav characters of all time.

Comment

LOL awesome!

I love HIMYM and he was on there too because Barney idolized him so they got him to surprise Barney at his bachelors party.

Man HIMYM was epic because Barney would smash all these dimes on the show, he's like one of my fav characters of all time.
                      I saw some of that flipping through the channels one afternoon. Not a fan of that show. Wasn't the storyline that they wanted Zabka to finally be cheered because he usually played the bad guy? Did they end up succeeding at that? And if so, how? I remember a pretty kickass straight to cable martial arts movie where he was a lead and Bolo Yeung was his sensei. In fact, I think Martin Kove was the bad guy in it. Shootfighter or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X