Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ is #1 in the division wilder is 2 and fury is 3

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
      How would you expect AJ vs. Fury and AJ vs. Wilder to go? Would you expect Fury vs. Wilder II to be any different than their first fight?
      I would expect Joshua to lose to both of them if that fight happens this year or early 2020.

I don't see Joshua beating Fury at all, whether it happens in 2019 or 2021. I could see Joshua stopping Wilder if Wilder doesn't take that fight by early/mid next year.

Currently Joshua is number 1, based on his resume and taking risk early in his career, i have Fury at number 2 because i genuinely believe he beat Wilder in December and his resume is closer to Wilder.

Wilder at number 3, but i believe he stops Joshua but get out boxed again by Fury.

Comment

No. In fact you could argue that he's not even top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          Of course he is.

It's not his fault Jack Reiss can't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I would expect Joshua to lose to both of them if that fight happens this year or early 2020.

I don't see Joshua beating Fury at all, whether it happens in 2019 or 2021. I could see Joshua stopping Wilder if Wilder doesn't take that fight by early/mid next year.

Currently Joshua is number 1, based on his resume and taking risk early in his career, i have Fury at number 2 because i genuinely believe he beat Wilder in December and his resume is closer to Wilder.

Wilder at number 3, but i believe he stops Joshua but get out boxed again by Fury.
            I feel the same. I just have this feeling that despite all the hype, AJ will turn out to be the lesser of the three. In reality we may only see him lose to one of them before calling time on his career.

Comment

I was thinking the other day, if you retired all three of them today... how do you rate their career?

IMO Joshua has the better resume, fought the bigger fights, had the bigger events, has the 100% record, held 3 major belts.

The length of Wilder's WBC reign puts him second.

Fury? How could you really rate his career? We all know he can box and is huge, but he's won just one fight of note. You're plumbing the depths to find his second best win. And of course there's the fact he's served a drugs ban.

We can all talk about fighters who had ability but didn't quite live up to it. Fury's in that category right now isn't he? He hasn't even had a Riddick Bowe career.

Comment

Wilder is THE most powerful heavyweight boxer of all time. The most fit Hwy of all time (12th rnd pwr).

Wilder's biggest flaw is that he didn't have a long amateur career. Even in his pro career he lacks ring experience because he knocks everyone out.

It would be nice for him to go 12nds a couple times but his power is a curse sometimes. Wilder doesnt take a lot of damage, so more rounds and fight will only make him better until he takes a beating.

Fans want a KO every fight and critics are looking to cast doubt on his legacy anytime he goes the distance.

As for a the Fury fight, Fury did jack squat to deserve a belt. I dont think he has as many fans as Deontay has hatrers. The commonwealth fans are much like the Pac/Hatton fans.

Hatton and Fury both came to the USA and both left a lesser man. Trust me, had Hatton gotten up from Floyd's KO and went the distance british fans would be singing the same tune.

I've NEVER see a fanbase give a man so much credit for seeing a man getting knocked on his arse twice. Sometimes I feel some fans score fights like a Rocky movie. The more "heart" you show the more credit you get.

I WAS a Fury fan but I lost respect when he started the funny antics out of striking range. Only to get caught with solid punches later in the round.

For health reasons, I dont blame Fury for not taking the rematch. Im not the type to call fighters twats. Twats dont get in the ring period. I like Fury enough that I dont want to see the guy get hurt. He has a great personality and is great for the fight game. I hope one day he becomes a commentator, because I think he will shine better than most boxers in the game today.

As for Joshua, I loved that he stepped up Vs Wlad but his fights since then have been disappointing.

The Parker fight was a total joke being that the ref would not allow the smaller fighter to fight or have any advantage at close range. AJ basically bought that belt even though he would have won the fight with no help.

AJ and Whyte was a solid fight. I think Whyte is a solid fighter and not the "club" bouncer some make him out as. What he lacks in skills he makes up in heart. He went toe to toe with AJ and wasnt scared to do it again. I dont blame him for wanting his worth VS AJ because another loss could hurt his future opportunities/earnings. If he were to beat a fighter like Ortiz I would like to see him fight Wilder. Parker and Chisora aint enough to earn a title shot.

AJ is number the number two in my book. AJ beating a fresh Wlad after his two year layoff was nice but not game changing. Furys earlier win exposed Wlad as an older fighter who didnt take chances. Its one of the reasons Wlad was so aggressive Vs AJ. AJ beat a more game Wlad but Fury (PED) beat a champion during his reign and that simply has more value.

Fury is three because he beat Wlad but need PEDs to do it. That makes him a cheat unless Wlad was doing the same. His fight Vs Wilder only showed me he has the heart of a champion when faced with adversity.

The hard time I have with people who say he won the fight is that Fury was never very active and threw very few power punches. He NEVER hurt Wilder. His 10-1 compubox punch count in the 10th was his ONLY rnd were he clearly controlled the fight. That wasnt dude to any strategy he was using but because Wilder was tired from trying to take him out in rnd 9 after the knockdown. That nine punch advantage in a fight were he only outlanded Wilder (per compubox) by 13 makes me serious doubt he won 8 out of 12 rounds his supporters say he did.

His jab NEVER kept Wilder from controlling the pace. Had his jab been effective Wilder NEVER drops Fury 12th round.

Fury's "slick" defense came at the expense of his offense. Making funny faces out of striking range is lame doo doo. But it seems some fans give you "points" for that clown crap when they dont personally like the other fighter.

Fury has no plans on fighting anyone else creditable soon. So he could drop if another fighter steps it up and has a few impressive victories while he's fighting slubs.

It going to be funny seeing ESPN lose money while Fury fights club fighters. Im not mad a Fury for taking the money. He needed to fights to recover from Wilder and work on new techniques to beat him.

But beating slubs wont move you up any rankings unless someone higher loses.

Im glad the Heavies are back. Its been a long time coming. I just hope the fans win in the end by getting quality fights were we can measure these guy worth/skills/abilities.
                Last edited by Joe Gans Louis; 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

SRL, Hagler, Hearns and to a lesser extent Duran get ranked on how they performed against each other.

It's the same in every era and every weight division.

If they all fight each other, then we'll know. Until then you just have to go on resume - and you have to be extremely blinkered to think that's Wilder.

Comment

Even he doesnt think hes number 1, he calls himself number 3/"bronze" bomber. Presumably behind silver fury and gold AJ.

How utterly depressing that someone like fury can be rated 2nd best HW, that thought alone is a cse for elevating wilder to number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

fury wouod not last 12 rounds with joshua and ill lay a wager on that result.
                      Joshua will just walk right through fury and hurt him 100% no dount

Comment

Working...
                      X