No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Menayothin Nears Defense To Snap Mayweather's 50-0 Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Yes, never fought a great fighter in their prime.

He is a control freak, look at the Maidana fight how he made a fuss over the gloves then paid of Maidana a puncher to wear gloves with more cushion, and then when that still wasn't enough brought in his own ref for the rematch.

I think it was only the Corrales fight where he was not favorite.

Year after year never took the hardest fights.

When you look at great champs such as Lennox, Ali, Oscar, Roy, Hopkins SRL, Duran and many more, they chased the big fights.

Crawford, Lomachenko, GGG, Usyk, Garcia, I like fighters that want to prove themselves.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Typical delusion. Not one of those guys (even Ali’s) resume is better than Mayweather!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      and none are even close to Floyd's resume
      Names only tell you half story, Floyd did know it would fool people though and used that to take on great fighters when they were past their best.

Feel free to like Floyd and his character all you like, don't expect me to do so though.

Comment

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
        🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Typical delusion. Not one of those guys (even Ali’s) resume is better than Mayweather!
        How little you know.

Comment

Mayweather might have got some guys at advantageous times but that was also him understanding his role was to retire those cash cows whose time had come and gone, because he was better than them basically. Pacquiao largely did the same thing. I only hold it against Mayweather that Mayweather vs Pacquiao didn't happen sooner. I could say hold against both of them if you prefer that.
          I've been watching Floyd since I was young, that is how long he had been on top.
          Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 08-27-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Floyd's record is the most wins without a loss or a draw for a career.

Menayothin would have to retire with 51+ wins, no losses, and no draws.

If he gets to like 59-0 or whatever and loses then the record goes back to Floyd.

Comment

Names only tell you half story, Floyd did know it would fool people though and used that to take on great fighters when they were past their best.

Feel free to like Floyd and his character all you like, don't expect me to do so though.
              So even past their best they were p4p top 10 and world champions? Hell why arnt your favorite fighters even doing half of this?
              Last edited by Larry the boss; 08-27-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Another fighter is already 51-0

Comment

Yes, never fought a great fighter in their prime.

He is a control freak, look at the Maidana fight how he made a fuss over the gloves then paid of Maidana a puncher to wear gloves with more cushion, and then when that still wasn't enough brought in his own ref for the rematch.

Year after year never took the hardest fights.

When you look at great champs such as Lennox, Ali, Oscar, Roy, Hopkins SRL, Duran and many more, they chased the big fights.

Crawford, Lomachenko, GGG, Usyk, Garcia, I like fighters that want to prove themselves.

Crawford has fought B-level fighters at best. Garcia always says he's going to fight top fighters but never seems to. GGG never really fought top opposition for a long time, but he was avoided a lot so that can't be helped.

Really, how can you say those fighters want to prove themselves but Floyd didn't?
                  Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-27-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

All of those guys have been the favorite in every fight they've had...

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                      If Menayothin wins his next fight he would have gone longer than Floyd without losing. That's all I was referring to in my initial post.
                      Gotcha.... I understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X