Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Responds To Errol Spence's Stance on Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Oscar is right if you want $5M or more but if you are satisfied with $2M that is alright too as long as you are in full control. However, a promoter can maximize your earning potential just what happened to midget Pacquiao who gross $200M in his unfinished career.

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
      Yes Oscar is right if you want $5M or more but if you are satisfied with $2M that is alright too as long as you are in full control. However, a promoter can maximize your earning potential just what happened to midget Pacquiao who gross $200M in his unfinished career.
      I wonder why it’s unfinished 🤔

Comment

Spence seems to be doing fine on his own and greedy Oscar can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
          He has got a manager, Al Haymon, he just doesn’t call him a manager because Al don’t want nothing to do with the Ali rule, he’s got his own rules. Spence is right that as long as he has Al doing matchmaking and contracts and basically a mix of promoting and managing he doesn’t need Hearn or Arum. But hold on is that allowed I hear you ask? Well it is if you just call yourself an ‘advisor’ apparently.
          The welterweight division needs something to happen soon as it has been moving as slow as molasses the past 2 years. I know it is not Spence's fault as most talented fighters on the rise get ducked. I don't even care for the Garcia vs Porter fight anymore and Thurman better spit or get off the pot

Comment

Spence is a breath of fresh air who the Americans are sure is the real deal hence they rightly want to get behind him .Oscar see's this and hates it .Spence is good enough to guide his own career has he will fight and beat them all.....job done... PPV! A promoter will swerve dangerous opponents in order to keep his pockets full.Oscar is no different from the rest. Canelo ought to think about who he's hanging with and why!!!

Comment

Whatever you do to Canelo he's still a cheat.

Comment

I think Spence is doing it right. Lennox Lewis said he realised too late that you don't need a promoter. Promoters are crooks anyway, as soon as you lose where does de la hoyas "long term plan" go. There's a reason only one significant fighter stays to be promoted by him. And that fighters a proven drug cheat so lord knows what dirt de la hoya has on him to stop him leaving

Comment

This is CRAZY. The writing is on the wall. Promoters are being fazed out. It’s why Hearn and Haymon are making dinosaur deals where they can and for BIG BUCKS. Canelo hasn’t needed Oscar for 2 years. Spence is going to change things. Fun he’ll fight whoever whenever. Welcome back, boxing

Comment

In 10 years all of Haymon's fighters will be suing him for ruining their careers like a lot of fighters did with King.
                    Spence does not have any independence he is chained to Al Haymon and his career has gone slower than molasses. He is almost 30 and he is still an unknown. And for Spence to say Showtime is his promoter it just shows how ignorant he is.

One would think all those fighters who are with Haymon would of taken his PBC failure as a sign to get out, but they are still sticking with him to their own detriment. None of his fighters have become stars, not one.

People can complain that Golden Boy only has one star, Canelo, but that is still one more star than Haymon has. People say that Arum has not made any stars since Paq, but at least he is making a maximum effort in trying to make Loma and Crawford stars. Haymon's fighters are still at the level they were 4 years ago and a majority of his fighters careers are in decline because of inactivity and not fighting good competition. I just do not get these Haymon fighters sticking with a manager who has got them nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      There's only on person in America putting on PPV cards and that's Canelo, who was built up by Schaefer and helped by being on Floyd's PPV cards.

There are 2 future PPV fights everyone want so see and they both involve Haymon fighters, Spence and Wilder.
                      This is why I love boxing, because you get to root for your kind....case in point Mr MotorCity Cobra....spinning the narrative to his kind......just dont forget that in order to be truly great you have to be recognized by others besides your kind.

Comment

Working...
                      X