Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Carlos Monzon is beloved and Edwin Valero is so hated????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Carlos Monzon is beloved and Edwin Valero is so hated????

I don't get the double stantard.

Just because Monzon was a better fighter he doesn't get as much flack as Valero did? Even thought they both have been said to have killed a woman.

I find it disgusting from both sides. And I don't know why Monzon is elected into the Hall.

Monzon is an ATG and deserving of HOF induction, I don't think anyones a fan of him as a person but as a fighter he gave a whole lot more than Valero. You've also got to realise the Valero incident happened only awhile ago while a lot of people weren't alive or boxing fans at the time of the Monzon incident, thus its not mentioned around here as often.
    Last edited by RubenSonny; 04-09-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

as fighters i can respect them both , but as human beings they are trash . When considering HOF induction you must be objective and only consider contributions to the sport. Mnzon deserves his induction , Valero will never get in

Comment

When I first saw Valero fight I thought he reminded me of Monzon by the way he fights with his chin up high, standing straight up. I didn't think he was going to murder a woman like Monzon too. Anyway Monzon, an ATG with an outstanding resume, deserves to be in the HOF even if he was a piece of ****. It's about what he did in the ring not outside it.

Comment

I always found it stupid to judge fighters careers by things done outside the ring.

Comment

Nobody likes him for what he did outside the ring, they appreciate what he did inside it which is what he is 'beloved' for if you could say that.
            It's not really a double standard unless you are going to say Valero achieved what Monzon did.

Comment

A lot of people like Valero.

Comment

Because Carlos Monzon is arguably the greatest Middleweight of all time, a division in which is argubally the deepest division in boxing history.

In my opinion he is the greatest Middlweight Champion of all time.

This is a Boxing forum, not a humanity forum. Who cares what he did outside the ring? All that matters on here is what happens in BOXING.

It's like when I was asked why I don't have Tyson and Ali #1 an #2 of all time at HW recently because they are Muslim like me.

It's ****ing idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  I always found it stupid to judge fighters careers by things done outside the ring.
                  For small things i agree. But murder come on now how can you not

Comment

Monzon is considered an ATG whose middleweight title defense record stood for many years before being broken by Hopkins.

Valero commited his crime and suicide before he was able to accomplish such things. His is a tale of what could have been.

Comment

Working...
                    X