Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC hypocrisy at its finest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So all of Khan’s fans said “I would buy this fight but I’m so uninterested in Khan’s attempt to win a title and beat a top p4p fighter because he’s fighting Terence Crawford.”

That might be the most insane theory this message board has ever seen.

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Because nobody cares about Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      So all of Khan’s fans said “I would buy this fight but I’m so uninterested in Khan’s attempt to win a title and beat a top p4p fighter because he’s fighting Terence Crawford.”

That might be the most insane theory this message board has ever seen.
      It takes two to tango. How many Crawford PPVs have to fail before you place any blame on Crawford? And if Crawford has never drawn, why are you so convinced he's a draw?

Comment

I don’t know that he’s as big of a draw, I just know that Spence isn’t so much more of a draw that it makes 50-50 unreasonable.

What the PBC fan boys are using as proof is PPV numbers. Spence has a PPV against an undefeated mexican-american champion. If Crawford has fought Garcia, it would have sold the exact same way because Garcia was the star of the show, not Spence.

They then use the Spence-Porter fight, which would have sold the same way of it was Crawford-Porter. It only sold (and not very well) because it was a welterweight unification.

If Spence had fought Postol and Khan on PPV, it wouldn’t have sold ***** either.

Also, that theory means Wilder should take what he’s offered by Joshua. But no one who says Crawford should take what he’s offered by Spence believes that about Wilder-Joshua. I wonder why?
        close your thread then.

Comment

One PPV that isn’t against Postol or Khan?

And exactly, it takes two to tango. So Khan isn’t a huge draw. Thanks.

It takes two to tango. How many Crawford PPVs have to fail before you place any blame on Crawford? And if Crawford has never drawn, why are you so convinced he's a draw?

Comment

I’m convinced you stopped reading after the first sentence. Congratulations.

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
            close your thread then.

Comment

Errol Spence’s last non PPV fight averaged 683,000 viewers

Terrence Crawford’s last month PPV fight averaged 2,245,000 viewers.

Crawford can’t draw and Spence can, clearly.

Comment

That's not really something you can dispute. The numbers clearly show that Spence is the bigger draw.
                Mikey and Porter deserve equal credit for the numbers Spence is pulling. Which aren't all that high to begin with. Crawford/Spence is a 50/50 fight in terms of outcome and purse.

Comment

Let's think about this for a minute...how many more attendees would Crawford have drawn vs Mikey Garcia than Spence did?
                  You can say, well it's Spence's hometown. Ok, put the fight in Crawfords hometown....what would the attendance have been?

Comment

I think it would have drawn the same, even in Texas because Mikey Garcia is a bigger draw than both of them.

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Let's think about this for a minute...how many more attendees would Crawford have drawn vs Mikey Garcia than Spence did?
                    You can say, well it's Spence's hometown. Ok, put the fight in Crawfords hometown....what would the attendance have been?

Comment

One PPV that isn’t against Postol or Khan?

And exactly, it takes two to tango. So Khan isn’t a huge draw. Thanks.
                      Khan had fought in the main event of a successful pay-per-view previously. Garcia hadn't. Spence hadn't. Porter hadn't. There's no disputing that Khan was the bigger draw than Porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X