Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Cotto able to hurt Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big factor is speed. Geale couldn't handle Cotto's speed. He couldn't avoid getting hit and he couldn't land punches to keep Cotto at bay. Trout could see and react to punches better and was able to land shots to keep Cotto back at times.

Even if Geale didn't drain for this fight, he was going to get tagged by Cotto throughout this fight.

Comment

160 Middleweight is a weak division.

Comment

Cotto did hurt Trout made his leg wobble he also did it too Floyd but they recovered quick and it didn't last long so it wasn't obvious or clearly noticeable.

Cotto is coming forward and planting his feet Diaz had him fighting on the backfoot moving which messed his psyche up Roach has him on the prowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          He wasn't in great physical shape when he first moved up, he was soft to the body. He's better conditioned now, and definitely hitting harder.
          First moved up?

He'd been there for 2 years at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
            Cotto did hurt Trout made his leg wobble he also did it too Floyd but they recovered quick and it didn't last long so it wasn't obvious or clearly noticeable.

Cotto is coming forward and planting his feet Diaz had him fighting on the backfoot moving which messed his psyche up Roach has him on the prowl.
            Diaz having him fight on the backfoot was great for the Margaritto fight. But yeah they should've changed tactics for the opponents.

Comment

I think Cotto was a bit out of sorts around that time. Didn't look in the best shape, maybe had question marks over Pedro Diaz.
              Trout was in a good place himself back then, i think it was a bad match-up stylistically.

It looks now like he's back in love with the sport. Roach has raised his confidence levels, and has him fighting how he likes to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Shows how terrible geale is that despite dwarfing cotto he wasn't able to use his size to his advantage. I actually never want to see geale again. He ditched this fight.
                What.... you mean straight quitting twice on his feet primetime HBO lights warrants that kind of criticism

Comment

Different trainer. Different fighting style.

Comment

I remember trout effectively using his reach and keeping cotto at the end of his jab, cotto wasn't his agressive self in that fight and allowed trout to fight him on the outside which is bad strategy considering he was the smaller fighter

Comment

Working...
                    X