Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Will Be Ringside, Scouting The Whyte-Chisora Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    The logic behind not fighting Ortiz earlier makes sense to me as Parker was a good "name" and each fighter has the right to make the decision to pursue a mando spot or not. Chisora over Ortiz is where I diverge. Ortiz is a better resume builder and opportunity to establish Whyte as a "player" at heavyweight. Chisora is a domestic fight that does nothing for Whyte from a ranking stand point. It strikes me as a stay busy fight until Joshua Whyte II can be announced.
    Possibly, I know I'd prefer to see him face off with Ortiz.

I think Hearns hoping to sell it to the casuals as 'unfinished business' type of fight to generate more money than they could with Ortiz as it's in the UK. Chisora isn't the worst opponent though he's top ten in some rankings and tough as old boots, also he looks to be in a lot better shape so I wouldn't be surprised with an upset, especially if Whyte hasn't improved his stamina from the Parker fight. Definitely potential for a good old slugfest if the first one is anything to go from.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      this guy is going to fight dillian white again.

notice how the brits are starting to steer clear of this mess?

here's the thing about the english: they're actually very smart. i really think that few, if any british boxing fans who aren't just hooligans without a soccer game to watch, buy this idea that eddie hearn is an honest guy and that he's trying to save boxing and make the two biggest fights in boxing.
      Meanwhile, Wilder is telling everyone that AJ and Hearn are begging him for a fight...

Comment

• Please Deontay Wilder and Frank Warren go to the U.K and introduce to the casual fans what a real heavyweight championship bout look like with Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury. Please stage it on April 13 of next year in Great Britain because the boxing public is getting tired of Joshua continuing to regurgitate these recycled fighters. I personally find AJ to be both repugnant and pathetic by neglecting and depriving the boxing fans of the fights they want to see. He wouldn't even so much as show how up at the Staples Center for crying out loud and we are supposed to take Eddie at his word that he is ready to sit down and negotiate for either Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury? Please give me a freaking break!

Comment

Fair question, does how a fighter looks during his fights count or is it just the final results and details which align with a narrative?

Because the same things that seemingly are a knock on Ortiz, are ignored when it comes to Whyte. He was knocked down, then gassed, then almost was knocked out (literally bear hugged Parker the last minute) by a pillow fisted Parker. Has only looked good lately versus a guy who has only looked good while on gear.
          I get what you're saying. I definitely see Whytes stamina as an issue and wouldn't say Whytes perfomance against Parker as making him world class as well. Just a good win showing he was top ten fighter atleast.

I would disagree about Parker being pillow fisted he's a big guy he can probably generate enough power to knock out anyone as is the case with most HW's IMO. I think his style is the problem he seems to prefers to box with quick ins and outs and lacks conviction in his punches so he can get out more quickly, probably why he hadn't been downed, similar thing with Fury in the fact he's not looking for the knock out punch he's looking to outbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Meanwhile, Wilder is telling everyone that AJ and Hearn are begging him for a fight...

deontay wilder is dumb as a rock but he's loud. the show is run by al haymon and CBS, a very powerful entity in american broadcasting and the last "premium cable network" still in boxing's biggest market [showtime.]

wilder and team [read, and team] made a stern effort to make the fight in the US. they really did. eddie hearn didn't agree to those terms. he acted like he did, but he did not! if you can't see that it is on you, it's been substantiated a umber of times. 50 million dollars guaranteed with an upside on PPV.

their line of reasoning came down to them wanting to have the fight in the UK for personal reasons. they said this! wasn't money, which, you know, is the only reason this sport still exists. eddie wanted to wait until 2019 at the very least to make a fight with wilder or fury.

he's very likely going to make dillian white 2. let that sink in.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              My point is, your whole statement that the champ doesn't go to the challenger is full of sh it. You know this, that's why you're rewording it, calling AJ the king of kings. That's why you want to deflect to negotiations, or Whyte and Ortiz, or simply call me names, to throw the conversation in a different direction.

This situation has been just like Canelo and GGG. The A side made some silly flat fee offers, which were rejected, and once the A side actually wanted the fight, a reasonable offer was made. Once a reasonable offer is made, the fight will happen
              I don't know what you tag reasonable offer but personally I believe wilder has been offered a mouth watery contract plus 4 belts in line. An offer that is still way higher than his biggest pay.

What's else do you want? Give him all the purse?

Comment

Actually, he said he'd fight Ortiz in late December in the UK after Ortiz asked him to fight him on the Wilder undercard as a co-feature. Ortiz accepted. Hearn nor Whyte mentioned Ortiz name again.

This all after Whyte turned down an eliminator fight with Ortiz for the mando position.
                Lolx..... To counter your first point, Ortiz was the one that quickly went to sign with kauffman as an undergrad in wilder fury when he noticed Del Boy came back to the negotiations table after wanting to price himself out of the fight.

Whyte fighting Ortiz in another eliminator after beating Browne for a final eliminator and being denied the slot.

He will be the fool of the decade to go back that route after what they did to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                  I get what you're saying. I definitely see Whytes stamina as an issue and wouldn't say Whytes perfomance against Parker as making him world class as well. Just a good win showing he was top ten fighter atleast.

I would disagree about Parker being pillow fisted he's a big guy he can probably generate enough power to knock out anyone as is the case with most HW's IMO. I think his style is the problem he seems to prefers to box with quick ins and outs and lacks conviction in his punches so he can get out more quickly, probably why he hadn't been downed, similar thing with Fury in the fact he's not looking for the knock out punch he's looking to outbox.
                  I see the position. I don't think it changes the jist of my point which is, a good to great fighter should not be endanger of being KO'd by Parker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                    Lolx..... To counter your first point, Ortiz was the one that quickly went to sign with kauffman as an undergrad in wilder fury when he noticed Del Boy came back to the negotiations table after wanting to price himself out of the fight.

Whyte fighting Ortiz in another eliminator after beating Browne for a final eliminator and being denied the slot.

He will be the fool of the decade to go back that route after what they did to him.
                    Whyte Brown was not an eliminator. I recall the WBC clarified the entire eliminator situation and told Whyte he had to fight Ortiz. Further, Ortiz signed to fight Kaufmann after Whyte moved forward with Chisora. He rightfully didn't sit around and wait to play second fiddle to Chisora. If Whyte Hearn wanted the fight, they could have sent a contract. They didn't.

From a competitive standpoint, there was zero reason for Whyte to fight Chisora over Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      They didn't prove anything. They didn't even want a meeting. They even cancelled two meetings before their phantom crackhead 50m dollars offer.

Then Warren came out and said Finkel, him and BT sport were the ones working to put 80m dollars together in a two fight deal to Joshua. Which kinda makes sense why the phantom offer was a "No meeting" offer.

No way educated persons would offer you that kind of money and then say no meeting because it would be non-productive.

Even Hearn came out and said he thinks the money is real at first, then he recently did interviews were he was saying otherwise, he thought the money was real due to Al haymon connection, but Haymon isn't investing that much into any Wilder fight.
                      I remember when Eddie said he want prove of the evidence of the funds and Hearn make another offer after that. I imagine this $50 million thing was a PR pull by Finckel.

Comment

Working...
                      X