Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnson misses weight by 12 pounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he got sick the same day guys that's why he weighed that much. he was advised to take some fluids.

Comment

well I was pissed when I first saw the weigh-in but found it bizarre that they actually let him fight.... but then I found out the story.

He actually was as low as 187.5 lbs but became really sick right before the weigh-ins and he was instructed by the doctor to rehydrate immediatley.

but even with that, its not an excuse because he got sick due to a bad weight cut. So that is why he wasn't cut from the fight but Dana said his job is still on the line win/lose.

Which pretty much means, Johnson can't lose or even win by decision. He would probably have to KO Belfort to keep his job.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        well I was pissed when I first saw the weigh-in but found it bizarre that they actually let him fight.... but then I found out the story.

He actually was as low as 187.5 lbs but became really sick right before the weigh-ins and he was instructed by the doctor to rehydrate immediatley.

but even with that, its not an excuse because he got sick due to a bad weight cut. So that is why he wasn't cut from the fight but Dana said his job is still on the line win/lose.

Which pretty much means, Johnson can't lose or even win by decision. He would probably have to KO Belfort to keep his job.
        I think he was planning on trying to do Belfort like he did Hardy too. Now is gameplan is gone...

Comment

stupid ass. Can't make 170. Now he moves up and can't make 185.

This is just Johnson being a lazy fat ****. Moving up in weight it's like he now has an excuse to pig out. Who is his dietician? Tim Sylvia?

Comment

I wouldn't take the fight if I were Vitor. When a guy plans to lay on your all night, letting him have a weight advantage isn't a good idea.
            Last edited by Clegg; 01-14-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Vitor has got to take the fight man, it's in Brazil. He hasn't fought in Brazil since.....

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                Hmm... Word is that he awoke weighing 191.5, which would have made the cut to 186 easy but then got sick after a meal. UFC doc then recommended lots of fluids for his health leading to the ridiculous weigh in.

There are a few sources reporting it. It sounds reasonable, especially given that they're in Brazil. One cup of water from the wrong source over there and you'll be sick in no time. That freaking blows, lol.

I mean let's be real for a second. AJ has trouble making weight but he at least gets close... this is so far out that it's stupid.
                That makes no sense at all. He wouldn't be eating a meal before cutting 5.5 pounds (it would make him weigh more). Possibly a slimfast bar or something, but that's about it.

And I seriously doubt he'd be drinking tap water, bottled water only (and in very small quan******, as he had to cut 5.5 pounds).

Sounds like he was dehydrated to me. From a medical standpoint, he shouldn't be fighting imo. But, we know how this stuff goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  I wouldn't take the fight if I were Vitor. When a guy plans to pal on your all night, letting him have a weight advantage isn't a good idea.
                  Why not? Vitor gets to fight a wounded animal.

Comment

Yeah at this point even if Johnson lnp vitor still has the advantage because those takedowns will get slower and slower. Only problem is vitor fades late all the time too. I think aj still wins tho. His reach is crazy if he mastered the jab vitor would be stucl and run right into a right hand.

Comment

I'm still picking AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X