Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer do you think humans will last?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Until the earth dies. Humans are resilient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
      That's where I disagree with you. I think we're a ****ty species because of what we do to each other, not because of what we do to some frigging animals.
      it's all a cycle, a vicious cycle - if we fuk up nature and the ecosystem (which animals greatly influence), then in turn we fuk each other up, and future generations. . .

killing off a species, or greatly reducing its numbers, has negative effects on humans. .

but i agree, what we do to each other as far as war and killing one another over money, power, and oil, is worse than what we do to other animals. . . but it's not too far behind. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
        we aint going nowhere..

DR. KAKU!!!

I love this guy! Well, basically he says as long as we make some changes in the way we treat our environment, and if we manage to make it another 100 years, then we'll be good.. and he posits that once we reach a type 2 and 3 civilization, we will be able to control everything around us, and have the technology to colonize the distant corners of space. .

so basically these next 100 years or so are very important. . . no nuclear war, and we gotta change the way we drain resources. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
          that is one theory. . . that humans will evolve into two distinct "classes", if you will. . the first being people who have genes that we consider "attractive" , and the second being people who are, how do i put it. . . being euphemistic, "less desirable". . . (like squealpiggy). . .

hmm that reminds me of another theory that said jews were half-men and should be wiped clean from europe

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
            That's where I disagree with you. I think we're a ****ty species because of what we do to each other, not because of what we do to some frigging animals.
            i'd sacrifice 1000 humans for 1 Tiger

is that insane?

Comment

DR. KAKU!!!

I love this guy! Well, basically he says as long as we make some changes in the way we treat our environment, and if we manage to make it another 100 years, then we'll be good.. and he posits that once we reach a type 2 and 3 civilization, we will be able to control everything around us, and have the technology to colonize the distant corners of space. .

so basically these next 100 years or so are very important. . . no nuclear war, and we gotta change the way we drain resources. . .
              yea a lot of fascinating stuff in that lecture especially the type of species and capability we eventually/possibly have in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
                yea a lot of fascinating stuff in that lecture especially the type of species and capability we eventually/possibly have in the future.
                i agree. . he is a brilliant and fascinating man. . when he speaks, i listen.

Comment

Carlin was a comedian. . . Last I checked he has no background in the physical, or earth sciences. you cited a stand up routine to prove your point on the impact humans have on the environment. . . that is just fail overboard. . . yes, carlin was no doubt an extremely intelligent man, with sharp wit, but a scientist, he was not. . . You are part of MTV genetaion. . and it's a metaphor, it doesn't literally mean you only know things that came about during the time MTV rose to popularity. . it means you have know nothing aside from what you see on tv, and the only thing you know how to do is click the tv remote, and log on the internet . . you lack the ability to THINK for yourself (the main point carlin was trying to convey). . . Carlin would call anybody who quoted his standup routine in a real scientific debate an idiot, and use that person as an example in his future stand-up routines

animals, trees, plants all exist in harmony. . . they all contribute to the inhabitability of the planet (for humans, and other species alike). . . it starts with trees and plant life creating oxygen. . . humans WERE NOT supposed to become a cancer on the planet like we have. . that is exactly what we are - a cancer. . . we spread and multiply and continue to do nothing but fuk and take away. . .
                  these are the questions that religion attempts to answer. there is no reason for us to be here, but just like a rock or a tree we ARE here. And so what should we do?

We can choose to trudge forward, held up by only the indomitable nature of our spirit(s) or we can choose to believe that life is pointless and lay in the sun fasting until certain dehydration and death. Humans have likely dealt with this dilemma since we developed the "brains" necessary to do so.

That instinct to trudge forward in the face of adversity is the "root" of our humanity. In trying to tame the planet, we have made mistakes and greed has reared its ugly head many times but as a species we have no other option other than to quit on ourselves. If our ancestors had quit on themselves, we wouldn't even have these forums and cheeky discussions then would we

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    i'd sacrifice 1000 humans for 1 Tiger

is that insane?
                    it is not insane but is atypical. it implies that you harbor some antisocial ideas, and that you possibly fall into a group of people that attempts to "humanize" animals due to an ability to feel real connections to other humans

then again perhaps you are joking

Comment

• Originally posted by Nedlo1 View Post
                      these are the questions that religion attempts to answer. there is no reason for us to be here, but just like a rock or a tree we ARE here. And so what should we do?

We can choose to trudge forward, held up by only the indomitable nature of our spirit(s) or we can choose to believe that life is pointless and lay in the sun fasting until certain dehydration and death. Humans have likely dealt with this dilemma since we developed the "brains" necessary to do so.

That instinct to trudge forward in the face of adversity is the "root" of our humanity. In trying to tame the planet, we have made mistakes and greed has reared its ugly head many times but as a species we have no other option other than to quit on ourselves. If our ancestors had quit on themselves, we wouldn't even have these forums and cheeky discussions then would we
                      good post. . . very true. . i guess you could really drive yourself mad trying to ponder on these questions and find some sort of answer or meaning. . . but something went HORRIBLY WRONG in our "progression" (or possibly lack thereof), as a species. . .

you're a smart man! i wish to see more of your posts in the future, good sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X