Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer do you think humans will last?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one I'm sure Maniac will like. Definitely a lot of truth in it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Agreed on the bolded. There's absolutely no denying that.

But the fact remains that we're still the only creatures on Earth who are capable of realizing our mistakes, and taking action to reverse the effect those mistakes had. Thus we do good.

Sorry, but until a green sea turtle saves a human, I think this is pretty academic.

what about a dog? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        I think that we have been through this type of talk before, and should sometimes disregard it. My folk's have been through the 60's, and went unscathed. No 100 megaton bomb got dropped between the Soviet's and the U.S. We probably looked at Saber Tooth Tiger's when we were getting sparked out by them, yelled "Naga Ata!", and thought that was the end. I think that human's have been through some pretty critical situations, can deal with it, and will adapt.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to have a world wide ending conflict erupt over something stupid, either.
        OIL!!!! -- Dead dinosaur's and plant remains, will be the cause of the LAST world-wide conflict.

The ultimate in stupidity

Comment

Nice find, Maniac.

You're getting lost in my sarcastic bull****, though. The point is that you originally stated that mankind contributes nothing to the planet, then went on to talk about all the wonders of what bees create.

Meanwhile I point out the fact that we're the only species on the Earth that saves other species from extinction. Nobody in their right mind could argue that's not "beneficial", so your original point is toast. And that's all I was attempting to do here, anyway : To dead the whole "humans are the worst" attitude you have going on.

Comment

Nice find, Maniac.

You're getting lost in my sarcastic bull****, though. The point is that you originally stated that mankind contributes nothing to the planet, then went on to talk about all the wonders of what bees create.

Meanwhile I point out the fact that we're the only species on the Earth that saves other species from extinction. Nobody in their right mind could argue that's not "beneficial", so your original point is toast. And that's all I was attempting to do here, anyway : To dead the whole "humans are the worst" attitude you have going on.

okay maybe I went a little overboard, but I still don't think we pull our on weight when it comes to our contribution to the planet.

Comment

It's not Pugly's fault he's not intelligent enough to cast aside Carlin's most wellknown profession. I doubt he knows anything of the man, given his comparison with my liking him to being a product of the "MTV" generation.

From what I recall, Carlin was doing comedy 20 years before MTV even broadcast it's first signal.

Regardless, the man was also a well known author, philosopher, satirist, and social commentator.
              You are spot on Bringer bruh. The man was no slouch.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                OIL!!!! -- Dead dinosaur's and plant remains, will be the cause of the LAST world-wide conflict.

The ultimate in stupidity
                I guess so. As long as the mouthpieces between Iran and U.S. keep it cool, I don't see the need to yap somebody out over as long as my petro doesn't go over $6 a gallon. I got to pull my jetski with my Suburban sometime this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  You are spot on Bringer bruh. The man was no slouch.
                  And he's not alone, either. He's probably the most prolific when it comes to comedians who were really intelligent philosophers/social commentators, but he's certainly not the only one.

Apart from being funny mother****ers, guys like Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Bill Maher (though he's kind of a dick on the Religion thing), David Cross, and others have all been very intelligent in areas of social, religious, and political commentary.

The whole "he's just a comedian" thing kind of pisses me off, truthfully. It may be a dead art now (I struggle to think of any comedian today apart from Louis CK and Bill Burr who is worth a ****), but all of those guys were true artists and deserve respect for having the balls to do what they did.

Comment

Here's one I'm sure Maniac will like. Definitely a lot of truth in it.

Carlin's cynicism is liberating. I too wish I could live 1000 years to watch the freak show unfold.

Comment

And he's not alone, either. He's probably the most prolific when it comes to comedians who were really intelligent philosophers/social commentators, but he's certainly not the only one.

Apart from being funny mother****ers, guys like Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Bill Maher (though he's kind of a dick on the Religion thing), David Cross, and others have all been very intelligent in areas of social, religious, and political commentary.

The whole "he's just a comedian" thing kind of pisses me off, truthfully. It may be a dead art now (I struggle to think of any comedian today apart from Louis CK and Bill Burr who is worth a ****), but all of those guys were true artists and deserve respect for having the balls to do what they did.
                      Doug Stanhope is up there with them IMO:

Comment

Working...
                      X