Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for ALL of Boxingscene!!! I really want to know.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
    With that post I can conclude you didn't see him at 140 and below...
    The greats of all time didn't fight hard for half their career and avoid the top opponents once they make the big time. A lot of people had Castillo beating him. and that is the toughest guy he has ever fought. I will always admit that floyd has tons of skills, but its tough to tell because he has fought so many bums and opponents that are perfect for his style. For me, he has just done so much to lose any respect i ever had for him. example , is fighting a lightweight (marquez) and not even making the catchweight. All boxer's want to make the big time and make millions, but i personally think that is all floyd cares about, now that he has that status he would be perfectly happy fighting de la hoya 10 times straight, in boring asss fights like the first one. I don't hate him because i am a pac fan, i hate him because i am a boxing fan. i love the warrior aspect of the sport, especially when the warriors have skill like the barrera - morales trilogy and vazquez - marquez trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
      With that post I can conclude you didn't see him at 140 and below...
      well, your conclusion is wrong, coz ive seen him fight agustus,(floyd's most excting fight) chavez,jlc,corrales, manfreddy,sosa,etc......

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
        Ok, first off I'm not a "*******" My fave boxer is JMM. I just want to know why you guys think Floyd Mayweather is soo good?! Look I am young and have only been watching boxing hardcore for about 4.5 years. looking at Mayweather's record I am not too impressed at all. What great fighter has he fought, that would categorize Floyd as an all time great like many of you have him as??!!! DLH, Mosley, Cotto, Pac, Morales and Barrera all have losses on their record, but that's because they fought the best!!! The only fighter that May fought that is great is DLH...correct? And you are kidding yourselves if you think that that DLH was even a shell of the DLH of 1999 or 1998! I know floyd has great skills set, but so what? He hasnt tested them against the best. This is a serious question and I am not trying to make a "bait" thread!
        You are too new to realize what he has done and too new to have seen him at his best which was before WW. I can take apart all of those guys resume's also. Those guys that Floyd fought prior to 140 were all rated pretty high and a ton of them went on to become champs. To watch Floyd's greatness, go back and watch those fights. A ton of people also thought Chico was a monster who would kill him.

Comment

Ok, first off I'm not a "*******" My fave boxer is JMM. I just want to know why you guys think Floyd Mayweather is soo good?! Look I am young and have only been watching boxing hardcore for about 4.5 years. looking at Mayweather's record I am not too impressed at all. What great fighter has he fought, that would categorize Floyd as an all time great like many of you have him as??!!! DLH, Mosley, Cotto, Pac, Morales and Barrera all have losses on their record, but that's because they fought the best!!! The only fighter that May fought that is great is DLH...correct? And you are kidding yourselves if you think that that DLH was even a shell of the DLH of 1999 or 1998! I know floyd has great skills set, but so what? He hasnt tested them against the best. This is a serious question and I am not trying to make a "bait" thread!
          I 100 percent agree with you. He did fight castillo who was a very good fighter, but mayweather didn't roll over him by any means. and i personally think mayweather was better than, a lot more active, better movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Cuff V2 View Post
            LOL, so now Arum is a reputable source, eh?
            What is that supposed to mean?

Have you always considered him to be a liar?

Or only when he talks about Floyd?

Comment

Floyd Mayweather was an absolute beast at 130... you should watch his fights there...

At the other weights he wasn't long enough around to make an deep impact... even though he fought the best fighter at 135 as well...

I think the thing is that like you said... Floyd is respected as such a talent that even if he beats good fighters that most ppl don't find it impressive because he was favoured to win. And if you are favoured most won't take it as an accomplishment... and that's a big problem... I mean if he fights or should fight in the future or had in the past guys like Margarito, Cotto, Mosley or Pacquiao... he would have been the favorite too...

Since moving up to 140 he is also more become of an money digger... at his competition isn't what it could have been (which is not only his fault) but most decisions made sense... probably not competition wise but money wise

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                What is that supposed to mean?

Have you always considered him to be a liar?

Or only when he talks about Floyd?
                The point being, when Arum was talking about Pacquiao-Floyd, everthing he said was a complete lie in the eyes of Floyd fights, yet when he complimented Floyd a few years back that was obviously the truth.

I just find it ironic that he's criticised for being a bull****ter, yet fans selectively believe certain statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Cuff V2 View Post
                  The point being, when Arum was talking about Pacquiao-Floyd, everthing he said was a complete lie in the eyes of Floyd fights, yet when he complimented Floyd a few years back that was obviously the truth.

I just find it ironic that he's criticised for being a bull****ter, yet fans selectively believe certain statements.
                  Bob has a right to his own opinion, and many will and have criticized him for it.

I've criticized Bob for the recent excuses he's brought up for Manny's refusal to submit to drug testing of which there is plenty of info on.

And it is well known Bob is still bitter about Floyd's split with him, so it's not surprising he'll go on the attack on Floyd.

Bob was/is a great promoter, but he hasn't been making sense on a lot of things lately.

Comment

Originally posted by disolly View Post
                    The greats of all time didn't fight hard for half their career and avoid the top opponents once they make the big time. A lot of people had Castillo beating him. and that is the toughest guy he has ever fought. I will always admit that floyd has tons of skills, but its tough to tell because he has fought so many bums and opponents that are perfect for his style. For me, he has just done so much to lose any respect i ever had for him. example , is fighting a lightweight (marquez) and not even making the catchweight. All boxer's want to make the big time and make millions, but i personally think that is all floyd cares about, now that he has that status he would be perfectly happy fighting de la hoya 10 times straight, in boring asss fights like the first one. I don't hate him because i am a pac fan, i hate him because i am a boxing fan. i love the warrior aspect of the sport, especially when the warriors have skill like the barrera - morales trilogy and vazquez - marquez trilogy.
                    someone please correct me..but Floyd has been active in the sport(professionally) since 96..his first welter fight was in 2006(10 years later)..he retired from the sport end of 2007..and came back just last september..right?
                    so he was active in welter for a little under two years..and you consider that half his career?..he had 5 out of 40 fights at welter within a 2 year span before retiring..
                    you claim that Floyd fought so many bums..
                    yet you are a fan of Pacs..but you can look at his resume and you see who has fought more bums(that you call them!)..out of 50 fights..more than half of them are considered bums..bums he loss to..not to mention the fighters that hes fought since Barrera have been tailor made for him..
                    I get that you love the whole Gatti/Ward blood and guts aspect..but for every lover of that..there is someone who loves the Willie Peps/Benitez just as much...

Comment

Working...
                    X