Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for ALL of Boxingscene!!! I really want to know.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for ALL of Boxingscene!!! I really want to know.....

Ok, first off I'm not a "*******" My fave boxer is JMM. I just want to know why you guys think Floyd Mayweather is soo good?! Look I am young and have only been watching boxing hardcore for about 4.5 years. looking at Mayweather's record I am not too impressed at all. What great fighter has he fought, that would categorize Floyd as an all time great like many of you have him as??!!! DLH, Mosley, Cotto, Pac, Morales and Barrera all have losses on their record, but that's because they fought the best!!! The only fighter that May fought that is great is DLH...correct? And you are kidding yourselves if you think that that DLH was even a shell of the DLH of 1999 or 1998! I know floyd has great skills set, but so what? He hasnt tested them against the best. This is a serious question and I am not trying to make a "bait" thread!

Ill help you.

Floyd is considered great because in the ring his skills are unmatched. His accuracy, speed, reflexes and foot work seperate him fromevery one else.

He has great in ring smarts and fights different EVERY fight. No two Floyd fights are the same. You say he hasnt fought the best THATS AT WW. His career didnt start at WW. Out of 40 fights only 6 of them have been at 147 or higher.

Heres some videos for you. He gest alot of hate. But even his haters know in the ring hes not to be ****ed with.

Comment

Originally posted by andres aza View Post
      Ok, first off I'm not a "*******" My fave boxer is JMM. I just want to know why you guys think Floyd Mayweather is soo good?! Look I am young and have only been watching boxing hardcore for about 4.5 years. looking at Mayweather's record I am not too impressed at all. What great fighter has he fought, that would categorize Floyd as an all time great like many of you have him as??!!! DLH, Mosley, Cotto, Pac, Morales and Barrera all have losses on their record, but that's because they fought the best!!! The only fighter that May fought that is great is DLH...correct? And you are kidding yourselves if you think that that DLH was even a shell of the DLH of 1999 or 1998! I know floyd has great skills set, but so what? He hasnt tested them against the best. This is a serious question and I am not trying to make a "bait" thread!
      Well,it's like so,floyd is undefeated & a has won belts in,what 5 divisions!!That's why they call him great,but in reality,he hasn't beat anyone,I do mean anyone,to deserve the moniker of greatness!!I do agree that the Oscar of 99 would have made floyd wear his fishnets though!!If Mosley or Oscar had his resume,they'd be undefeated with twice the ko's,true story!!

Comment

we share the same view about floyd......altho, i dont deny his defensive skills , his offense aint special at all.....he dosnt throw combos,not much power with punches and runs like no one does......

Comment

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
          Well,it's like so,floyd is undefeated & a has won belts in,what 5 divisions!!That's why they call him great,but in reality,he hasn't beat anyone,I do mean anyone,to deserve the moniker of greatness!!I do agree that the Oscar of 99 would have made floyd wear his fishnets though!!If Mosley or Oscar had his resume,they'd be undefeated with twice the ko's,true story!!
          Yea i know what you mean. I knew that he had won many titles, but when looking at boxrec, I dont see any special fighters at all on that list. I think he's only real solid competitor was Corrales. For example, DLH won many titles too, but look at the fighterd he faced.

Comment

Floyd's greatness was earned by his fights in the 130 and 135 division.

A quick glimpse at his BoxRec history should give you a good idea.

Next, it is suggested you watch all of his fights in those divisions before drawing conclusions about his greatness.

Finally, this is Pacquiao's promoter praising Floyd before Floyd split with him... Listen closely...

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              we share the same view about floyd......altho, i dont deny his defensive skills , his offense aint special at all.....he dosnt throw combos,not much power with punches and runs like no one does......
              With that post I can conclude you didn't see him at 140 and below...

Comment

Originally posted by -Reflexes- View Post
                Ill help you.

Floyd is considered great because in the ring his skills are unmatched. His accuracy, speed, reflexes and foot work seperate him fromevery one else.
                I assume you've only been watching boxing for a few years then and have completely ignored fighters before Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                  With that post I can conclude you didn't see him at 140 and below...
                  This is usually the case. The majority of recent boxing watcher's go by hearsay and not by thorough investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                    Floyd's greatness was earned by his fights in the 130 and 135 division.

A quick glimpse at his BoxRec history should give you a good idea.

Next, it is suggested you watch all of his fights in those divisions before drawing conclusions about his greatness.

Finally, this is Pacquiao's promoter praising Floyd before Floyd split with him... Listen closely...

LOL, so now Arum is a reputable source, eh?

Comment

Working...
                    X