Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Explains Missing IBF's Second-Day Weigh-In for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was at the fight and had really good seats... Jacobs was clearly bigger than G. My 14 year old son said to me, dad, he's way bigger than Triple G.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      Fury's situation isnt even remotely similar. Fury knew that the winner had a mando due next. He also knew that the IBF does not recognize rematch clauses. He opted to go for the rematch money instead of honoring the obligations he agreed to before the Klitschko fight even happened, so its got nothing to do with this situation.

Nice try at deflecting though.......
      So good for the IBF! They had the WEAKEST Heavyweight Champion in HISTORY!

Has any HW ever only held the belt for 3 months with ZERO chance to ever win it again??? The IBF did.

Thank GOD for the IBF!!!! Gave us the WORST HW Champion EVER. And gave #3 Ranked House Arrest Wade a Championship shot! For Beating the SHT out of some woman...

"Dominic Wade Facing 3 Years Over Vicious Attack on Woman"

That almost was the face of the IBF.

So Glad onepunch is a HUGE fan of the IBF....

By chance you get the name "onepunch" by hitting women??? You KO them in 1 hit???

Comment

• Congrats to Jacobs for his game plan to beat that monster, It worked.

But he didn't explain why he didn't step on HBO's unofficial scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          So good for the IBF! They had the WEAKEST Heavyweight Champion in HISTORY!

Has any HW ever only held the belt for 3 months with ZERO chance to ever win it again??? The IBF did.

Thank GOD for the IBF!!!! Gave us the WORST HW Champion EVER. And gave #3 Ranked House Arrest Wade a Championship shot! For Beating the SHT out of some woman...

"Dominic Wade Facing 3 Years Over Vicious Attack on Woman"

That almost was the face of the IBF.

So Glad onepunch is a HUGE fan of the IBF....

By chance you get the name "onepunch" by hitting women??? You KO them in 1 hit???
          I would rather a sanctioning body actually follow their rules and maybe get stuck with a crappy champion once in awhile rather than they just play favorites and do whatever they want

and when it comes to attacks on women, Wade is a complete amateur compared to TBE. Good thing the WBC doesnt have a domestic violence prohibition or Floyds trophy case would be empty.....

Comment

• Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
            They went from hyping him as an ATG to complaining he struggled because of 6lbs weight disadvantage. These are the same people that **** on Mayweather, that guy fought people with a 15+ lb disadvantage.
            And you haters went from saying Jacobs was going to knock out ggg to ggg struggled with a chinny Jacobs. You can't have it both ways. You haters are worst than the golov turds but claim to be better. Now that is what's hilarious

Comment

• I don't know what IBF is thinking with this early morning weigh-in. I am so insomniac and nervous in life that I know I probably wouldn't even be able to sleep before a fight like that.

Comment

• these damn GGG fanatics scrambling like roaches to justfy why the greatest middleweight since Ray Robinson (ask Abel) struggled against a "chinny" 8-1 underdog that got dropped by Sergio Mora.

he not a middleweight doe
                he was 175, 180..fck it he was 200!

you GGG apologists are like rats. and the light is on now.. we see you.

Comment

• Lol at folks who think this is a small issue. How is fighting on uneven terms fair? Are you guys seriously too stupid to see the problem here?
                  Jacobs came in with 10lbs more and got pushed around and yet you morons cry robbery. Maybe next time the opponent should rehydrate more to survive the onslaught but ibf should seriously consider banning people who do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ind Ividual View Post
                    I don't know what IBF is thinking with this early morning weigh-in. I am so insomniac and nervous in life that I know I probably wouldn't even be able to sleep before a fight like that.
                    Jacobs was full of **** with that "6-7am" nonsense. I have personally attended many IBF 2nd day weigh-ins, and they NEVER were that early. What usually happens is the IBF rep will have a small conference room at the hotel, and when your fighter gets up and is ready to go get something to eat, you call them and the IBF rep meets you on your way to the hotel lobby. They have NEVER made the fighter get up early, and the truth is they would prefer that weigh-in take place as LATE in the day as possible, because the whole idea is that they dont want the fighter putting on a bunch of weight. But they offer to do it in the morning so the fighter can eat whatever he wants for breakfast / lunch without worrying about it.

now that being said, Jacobs was well within his rights to decline the 2nd weigh in. He did not cheat. He may have mis-represented his intentions all along, but so what. He can do that. But if he is claiming he did it because he didnt want to get up at 7am, then he is full of ****

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
                      Lol at folks who think this is a small issue. How is fighting on uneven terms fair? Are you guys seriously too stupid to see the problem here?
                      Jacobs came in with 10lbs more and got pushed around and yet you morons cry robbery. Maybe next time the opponent should rehydrate more to survive the onslaught but ibf should seriously consider banning people who do this.

cry me a damn river. you mofos are scrambling all over the place because GGG went to hell and back against an 8-1 underdog. and now Jacobs is somehow "elite" but was getting clowned cuz Mora dropped him.

if you are so serious about fighters weighing the same on fight night then explain why many people were pushing for 40 year old Floyd to fight GGG at 154? on fight night Floyd doesnt go higher than 151 and GGG woulda balloned to 170+. but that would've been totally fine right.

this is called full blown damage control. the very first step up in competition at age 35 and needed a gift. HBO went to work immediately saying he got old overnight.

keep the tears flowing.

Comment

Working...
                      X