Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather V Connor Mcgregor in a street fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it goes to the ground, I like Shamrock's chances as the Slice fights I saw showed him struggling on the ground but on the feet he would hit hard and go toe to toe with anyone. If Ken gets caught though, it could be lights out quickly. I'll be checking this out in 3 weeks, just saw them advertising this on cable during the Khan-Algieri fight.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Well your talking world champions now ,and talking boxing when you reffered to age iwas implying MMA ,i myself am 41 and can personally prove you wrong as i beat my guys all the time in the fgym in mma and boxing ,i have been involved in combat sports since 1993 and just started to get an interest in competition as my state law forbids giving a boxing or MMA licence to anyone over 38 so im pending .Ive been boxing since 93 and have won toughman competitons also without training when I didn't even know what technique was...,Herscel walker did MMA at nearly 50 and won ,again this is competing not winning titles ..My manager was a amateur boxer with about 90 wins and less then 4 losses hes about 50 now and in shape about 220 standing 6'0 if i could beat him without being fully dedicated as im about 5'8 165 im sure i could make a boxing run if i really wanted to as well. i have trained much more experiencaned boxers and even champion former kick boxers and can tellyou my hard training i did in a year was good enough that these guys wanted me to train them desite there 20 years in their own art ,the sport of boxing you dont get the opportunity to get a fast title shot , in MMA you have to fight the best guys you dont get to pick which is why a guy could fight for a title rather quickly as oppossed to boxing which you need more than 20 fights so its not realistic starting at age 30's and think you will get that title shot ,unless you are related to Don King...lol

You also have to remember most guys in combat sports for a decade or so are usually banged up ,its not so much the age as it is your health and conditioning ,i would also add i won my first grappling match in jui jitsu one match only against a defending champ in the middle weight class last year in the advanced levels without traing for a year and taking it on 1 weeks notice i have my white belt as that is the only belt i wear in jui jitsu and the other traditional art in Isshin ryu as i dont like gaining belts i just use what i want to learn but am on some what black belt level as my sensei has on occasion offered tohand me a black belt in certain events that we go to or teach but i decline i am personally trained outside of a school with martial art aspect , for boxing /grappling i go to a gym .My sensai is 68 and still wins karate tournaments in sparring full contact ,its not boxing but its a situation where the first one to hit gets the point at 68 thats impressive as hes going against 20 's or so age groups.Though we train for the street not to play tag in a tournament .

The whole point is age is a number its what you do with it !
      Well its good to see you couldnt find one example of a boxer who started at 30+ and became a real world champion.

I know what you are saying, you can still be successful in competitions at a local level at an older age, I never refuted that.

But my point is you wont reach the upper echelons of a combat sport when you start at such a late age, its pretty much unheard of.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
        Well its good to see you couldnt find one example of a boxer who started at 30+ and became a real world champion.

I know what you are saying, you can still be successful in competitions at a local level at an older age, I never refuted that.

But my point is you wont reach the upper echelons of a combat sport when you start at such a late age, its pretty much unheard of.
        Randy Couture was mid 30's!Also Lesnar in his late 30's became UFC champion.Dan Severn as well he was 34 when he became UFC champion,as was Coleman and Don Frye in their early 30's.Marco Ruas was 37 when he won UFC and became a top guy there.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-30-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          If it goes to the ground, I like Shamrock's chances as the Slice fights I saw showed him struggling on the ground but on the feet he would hit hard and go toe to toe with anyone. If Ken gets caught though, it could be lights out quickly. I'll be checking this out in 3 weeks, just saw them advertising this on cable during the Khan-Algieri fight.
          I like Shamrock by submission,wouldnt surorise me if Kimbo taps on the ground or ref stops it,i can see Shamrock getting into position and fully mount him and he taps...though you never know I hope they trade punches jufor a bit just to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Randy Couture was mid 30's!Also Lesnar in his late 30's became UFC champion.Dan Severn as well he was 34 when he became UFC champion,as was Coleman and Don Frye in their early 30's.Marco Ruas was 37 when he won UFC and became a top guy there.
            Lesnar and Couture were wrestling since highschool (over 20 years experience) which allowed you to win UFC fights in their era. And im guessing all the other guys you mentioned were into some sort of combat sport when they were young as well.

The names you mentioned werent guys who just decided at the age of 30+ that they wanted to start from knowing nothing of combat sports and then becoming world champs.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
              Lesnar and Couture were wrestling since highschool (over 20 years experience) which allowed you to win UFC fights in their era. And im guessing all the other guys you mentioned were into some sort of combat sport when they were young as well.

The names you mentioned werent guys who just decided at the age of 30+ that they wanted to start from knowing nothing of combat sports and then becoming world champs.
              Well no one just doesnt enter knowing nothing and win titles ,again we are talking guys who never fought before ,MMA is much different then boxing im more reffering to the age thing not who knos what before turning pro .

Comment

Working...
              X