Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman "Devon Alexander is the heir to Mayweather's pound-for-pound throne"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Kellerman "Devon Alexander is the heir to Mayweather's pound-for-pound throne"

It's good for a laugh to look back on some of Max Kellerman's comments in the past, like this all-time classic:

"Devon Alexander is the heir to Floyd Mayweather's pound-for-pound throne"

Last edited by The Hammer; 12-14-2014, 01:05 PM.

He believed it because Floyd said it. Sad part is, a lot of Floyd's fan base fell for it as well. Kind of like with Broner.

Comment

i remember when bradley-alexander had high anticipation, two prodigy's

Comment

He had so much hype after Urango it was insane.

That swfitly ended when Kotelnik completely outboxed him in his hometown.

Comment

Devon was hyped too soon before he really proved any thing. The Urango KO got a lot of people hype to see him fight Bradley since they both were considered the top of the division at the time. But he's shown flaws throughout his career. Remember the Kotelnik and Matthysee fights? I felt he lost both of those and not to mention the Bradley fight. He routinely falls into a predictable offensive pattern and is easy to read for high-level opponents (Bradley, Khan, etc.).

Khan's win over him is impressive, but I'd like to see him face Thurman before Floyd. As for Alexander, he should have switched trainers a long time ago, but his loyalty to Cunningham will be his downfall. I doubt he'll fight at the top level again after the Khan fight. Sad and I like the kid. Hopefully he'll bounce back, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            I was hyped for that fight - I thought it'd be a great clash of styles.

But uugghh, what a turd of a fight that ended up being.

Two feather-fisted dudes both hesistant - especially Alexander.

For some reason, Alexander started arm-punching, and pulling his punches after sitting down on them nicely against Urango.

He went from a boxer-puncher with a legitimate feared punch, to a Paulie Malignaggi.

Comment

It was just as ridiculous then as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Loool remember Alexander trying to (clearly purposely) squinting his eye, twitching it saying "IT BURNS.... IT BURNS.... IT BURNS..."

ANd the Dr. was like, ok, can you see? Devon was like "IT BURNS... No..."

The Doc was like "Really? Are you sure? You can't see how many fingers I have up"? Hahah you'lll never see a Doc essentially do what amounts to saying "you *****, don't lie to me - get oyur ass back in there and fight."

Fortunately, though, that was the best thing that happened to put an end to that dreadful fght.

Comment

Lol @ Kellerman

Comment

Check this one:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...rch-you--25868

Comment

Working...
                    X