No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury UKAD Hearing Has Been Postponed Due To Conflict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Btw, the Fury's lodged a lawsuit last August claiming that the test results were contradictory, i.e. a false positive I guess. I suspect that proceedings must not have been going in their favour if they took that route.

Either way, it's ludicrous for Fury to play the victim when he is the one who keeps prolonging the episode through his legal actions. He's acting like he's a character in a Kafka novel, at the mercy of some faceless institution who won't tell him anything. But the reality is he knows exactly what he's doing and has thrown huge resources at beating the charge, apparently employing several different legal strategies at this point.

He has used social media very well. Most of the people defending him don't even know he tested positive for nandrolone.
    Sorry to be that guy do you have sources or links discussing his legal strategy?
    I'm nerdy over a Fury fan before I get in to that again

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      He's already been stripped has he not ? He gave the belts up the moment he realised the jig was up and his inbred uncle claimed he should be owed a shot upon his being cleared of the charges, which is not looking at all likely.

This bet seems overly complex but I'll let you decide, his guilt proven by the current NADA panel and an actual suspension, the delays have kind of been explained as they've gone along as frustrating as he explanations have been.

My faith he will actually serve a suspension is not at all high, I do however draw positives it is being dealt with by NADA now and not UKAD.
      I mean stripped from the record books... thought he just had the belt taken

Ok so you take;
      Guilty, Serves a Ban, UKAD official to blame/ cover up.

I'll take;
      Innocent; Serves no ban; his fault.
      How much on each segment?

Comment

Btw, the Fury's lodged a lawsuit last August claiming that the test results were contradictory, i.e. a false positive I guess. I suspect that proceedings must not have been going in their favour if they took that route.

Either way, it's ludicrous for Fury to play the victim when he is the one who keeps prolonging the episode through his legal actions. He's acting like he's a character in a Kafka novel, at the mercy of some faceless institution who won't tell him anything. But the reality is he knows exactly what he's doing and has thrown huge resources at beating the charge, apparently employing several different legal strategies at this point.

He has used social media very well. Most of the people defending him don't even know he tested positive for nandrolone.

would you blame a layman, though, for thinking he'd never tested positive in light of what UKAD has done [or not done] as a consequence?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          would you blame a layman, though, for thinking he'd never tested positive in light of what UKAD has done [or not done] as a consequence?
          As discussed hopefully this will be clarified soon. We'll get some answers.

Seems to be quite a bit of anti UK sentiment in a lot of these comments...

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
            As discussed hopefully this will be clarified soon. We'll get some answers.

Seems to be quite a bit of anti UK sentiment in a lot of these comments...

of course there is. just look at their anti doping commission
            FFS a tabloid had to report that fury had tested positive for nandrolone. that's an anabolic steroid, one of the big boys. it's not tainted beef.

or this @ 1:15!

Comment

of course there is. just look at their anti doping commission
              FFS a tabloid had to report that fury had tested positive for nandrolone. that's an anabolic steroid, one of the big boys. it's not tainted beef.

or this @ 1:15!
              People in glass houses hey

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Ive been telling NSB that the Fury's had bribed someone within UKAD to push the Klitschko fight through and postponing this ban to ensure the payday ; now it looks like my suspicions are soon to be confirmed. UKAD is completely corrupt and the government needs to conduct a internal investigation! They are not protecting anyone but cheaters!
                Lol. What an idiot! Nobody would accept a bribe to postpone revealing a positive test ... that would be insane!

Comment

Farcical. Wonder who suggested there was a conflict of interest? Surely it was Fury. Can't imagine that UKAD suddenly noticed it themselves.

That's the thing about Frank's sob story for the Furys. Yes, UKAD is a joke. The Furys should have received long suspensions as soon as they were popped for Nandrolone and let them appeal it if they want.

But the Furys are the reason it's gone on so long. UKAD won't decide or announce anything until all appeals and other issues have been dealt with. The only reason it can have gone on this long is that the Furys keep lodging appeals and objections. Only recently didn't Tyson say he was suing UKAD himself?

The Furys have played the public well in making it look like they're being victimised. But the truth is they doped and have up to this point paid no penalty for it. UKAD's way of dealing with failed tests is ludicrous and stacked in favour of wealthy athletes who can drag out the legal process, but Fury is the one who's taken advantage of that.
                  yeah, fury should be considered 100% clean after popping for nandrolone, an anabolic steroid. i'm just a hater! and this several year long process of a drug testing board pushing off sanctions to allow two brits to finish their careers doesn't look fishy at all!

the truth hurts. it really, really hurts. i'm just disappointed that it's taking so long for these two to get their licenses to box stripped and to be ridiculed in public for being cheaters.

Comment

Comment

This is actually ridiculous. What a shambles this situation is - poorly handled mess.

Comment

Working...
                      X