Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: Lara Beat Canelo; Evident He's Had Southpaw Troubles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
    Jacob's is inherently more aggressive than Lara so I think he will come to fight. He also knows that winning a decision will be tough af against Canelo so playing it safe will not get him remotely close to victory.
    Well everyone keeps saying the same thing that it's hard to get a decision against Canelo. Every fighter that fights Canelo says the same thing but when they in the ring with Canelo they forget their plans to go for a Knockout and play it safe just to survive and then they complain about the judges,... Lara did it, Chavez did it, and Triple g did it in the second fight....
    I hope Jacob's really comes to fight and really tries to K.O Canelo like he's been saying he can cause I really believe it's a very close fight that either fighter can win but I'm riding with Canelo!

Comment

Canelo didn't have any problems with Lara because his stance it was Lara didn't want to fight and literally ran from Canelo. Laughing at anyone thinking it had anything to do him being a southpaw.

And do idiots realize that Jacobs ISN'T even a southpaw lol He's fought his entire career and is better in a traditional stance. Sure he switched a couple times here and there but he's more effective in a normal stance anyway. I see no struggles in Canelo's career with Southpaw stance he's dropped all he's faced except 1 and that's with full time Southpaws not a part timer like Jacobs. Lara refused to fight and got doubled up in power shots as he sprinted away from canelo all fight. That fight had nothing to do with southpaw

Comment

I had Lara closely winning, but he could have dominated that fight had he engaged more. His left was landing at will but he'd move and not follow it up with anything. A frustrating performance.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          Well everyone keeps saying the same thing that it's hard to get a decision against Canelo. Every fighter that fights Canelo says the same thing but when they in the ring with Canelo they forget their plans to go for a Knockout and play it safe just to survive and then they complain about the judges,... Lara did it, Chavez did it, and Triple g did it in the second fight....
          I hope Jacob's really comes to fight and really tries to K.O Canelo like he's been saying he can cause I really believe it's a very close fight that either fighter can win but I'm riding with Canelo!
          I agree. After the first fight GGG and his trainer after refusing to attack the body and take chances the first fight cried and made excuses well if Canelo fought mexican style we would of got the KO and promises for what they would do in the rematch. Canelo literally said oh so you want to talk shyt and flipped every excuse GGG had on it's head. Canelo walking GGG down BEGGIN him to fight Mexican Style like they requested instead GGG bytched up and ran from Mexican Style. Literally got the Mexican Style beaten out of him along with his face rearranged. It was GGG who fought like he just wanted to get to the judges scores he didn't want to do or die with Canelo. Only 1 of those men fought like they wanted to take it out of the judges hands either get the KO or go out on his shield and that was Canelo. GGG went from Mexican Style to Nothing But Scared Jab Style. And on to excuse number 15 Style for why he can't beat Canelo

I hate how Jacobs sounds. Ever comment is about how he got robbed by GGG, crying about judges in this fight. This man is going to flat out run from Canelo take no chances of his questionable chin getting him knocked out and then scream I was robbed after the fight. I have never heard 1 man have this many excuses and cry BEFORE he ever fought the guy. If Jacobs runs canelo will come forward with constant body attack. If Jacobs comes at Canelo and makes it a real fight he leaves himself wide open for counters and get's dropped and knocked out. He is laying the groundwork he wants to run from Canelo (even though he's drastically the bigger man lol) make it to the distance and scream robbery after the fight.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-16-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
            A part-time lefty presents no problem for Canelo and Danny know that. Jacobs will fight mostly from his dominant right-hand stance and switch to southpaw for brief periods to try to avoid heavy punishment when Canelo starts dominating the fight. I don't think you will see much offense from the left side from Jacobs. Trout presented some problems early in the fight for Canelo until Canelo figured him out. Besides Canelo is much improved since that fight. And as for Lara, he was in full out running mode trying to avoid punishment. It was sort of embarrassing for him.
            Exactly. If you think Canelo struggled with Lara or that he lost (FYI there is no way he lost that fight) it's because he ran from Canelo not because of his southpaw stance lol Jacobs is not that good in the left stance and him fighting like that will only benefit Canelo. Dummies up in here if Jacobs was better as a southpaw he would fight in that stance full time. If he's fighting in southpaw he is limiting himself and his own offense. Oscar tried that in the Whitaker fight and was totally ineffective every time he switched. He just made himself less of a offensive weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
              Not sure I get your analogy. Those were stylistically 2 separate fights.
              And Nelo won those two separate fights.

Comment

Canelo barely beat Lara but he indeed beat him. Plus Canelo has grown as a boxer since then and let's face it Jacobs is no Lara, he is gonna mix it up it's just who he is.

Comment

It's funny how Canelo fans won't criticize the continuous bad scoring in his fights but will instead say that Jacob's should fight face first. Pretty sure many of these same fans are the same ones who spent years crying over bad scoring in the Oscar vs tito fight or in 3 Marquez vs pac fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Lara beat Canelo 116-112 in that fight. The only rounds he lost were the ones he gave away by moving too much without punching. There is a reason dlh didn’t want to put him back in with Lara for a rematch. Canelo is the most protected fighter since JC Chavez and hmmm what do they have in common?
                    I scored Nelo winning that fight. Lara started off good but when them body shots came & came often Lara stopped punching & used the ring from round 4 to 7. If he didn't I think he could of won.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                      Jacob's is inherently more aggressive than Lara so I think he will come to fight. He also knows that winning a decision will be tough af against Canelo so playing it safe will not get him remotely close to victory.
                      He'll play it safe when that left to the body lands.

Comment

Working...
                      X