No announcement yet.

Ali artifacts auction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali artifacts auction

Check this out. Lot's of interesting stuff.

http://sports.ha.com/c/search-result...ion7175-080816

I don't know what to say. Maybe that most of this belongs in a museum IMO.

His family just sell this stuff off to whatever people?

I can understand putting up single items for aficionados perhaps but this looks like poor taste wholesale.

Comment

I may bid on a few items.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        His family just sell this stuff off to whatever people?

I can understand putting up single items for aficionados perhaps but this looks like poor taste wholesale.
        Nice David Lynch pic. You gonna watch the new season of Twin Peaks next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Nice David Lynch pic. You gonna watch the new season of Twin Peaks next year?
          Indeed I am. I was just a kid when the first episodes came out.

Comment

Good find Batt! If only I had ten thousand dollars to spend!

An old boxing friend gave me a ticket to an old fight card in the south with Ali's and Archie Moore's autograph on it. He had two and one was supposed to be for his son but his son grew up hating boxing so he gave to me because my love for the sport.
            Last edited by TBear; 08-12-2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Good find Batt! If only I had ten thousand dollars to spend!

An old boxing friend gave me a ticket to an old fight card in the south with Ali's and Archie Moore's autograph on it. He had two and one was supposed to be for his son but his son grew up hating boxing so he gave to me because my love for the sport.
              How much was your love of the sport appraised for?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                How much was your love of the sport appraised for?
                The ticket? Never had it appraised, I just added it to my collection.

Could my love for the sport have a value? Maybe someday after I am gone, my wife will get a fair price for all the boxing memorabilia I have gathered over the years. Including every set of boxing cards that came out the last forty years, forty years of recording every fight and amassing a unparalleled fight collection on dvd. As well as tons of various boxing stuff.

I will never probably cash out in my lifetime on it all but hopefully my wife and family will after I'm gone. Not soon though(hopefully).

Comment

Approximately how many DVDs would you say you had of boxing matches? And how much room do they take up in your house?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Approximately how many DVDs would you say you had of boxing matches? And how much room do they take up in your house?
                    Over 5000. I have a room full of dvd's and also vhs tapes of old fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X