Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who has the better resume? erik morales or PBF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has the better resume? erik morales or PBF?

who has faced better foes P4P?

who faced the tougher challenges?

educated answers will be much appreciated...

morales had a much shorter prime unfortunately

morales had tougher challenges but floyd faced the better fighters p4p

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      morales had a much shorter prime unfortunately

morales had tougher challenges but floyd faced the better fighters p4p
      i got confused there my man...

care to clarify?

Comment

Both are hall of famers for sure, Can't really tell them apart. Erik's resume consists of being a former four-time world champion at WBC and WBO Super Bantamweight (122 lb), WBC Featherweight (126 lb), WBC Super Featherweight and the IBF Junior Lightweight (130 lb) divisions. Morales also defeated fifteen different world champions during the course of his career and he's ranks #49 on ESPN's 50 Greatest Boxers Of All Time, a step ahead of Mike Tyson.

While Floyd's resume consists of winning six world boxing championships in five different weight classes. Not to mention his the 2nd pound for pound fighter of our era.

I say about even.

Comment

Prime Barrera and prime Pacquiao are better wins than anything on Floyd's resume.

Ultimately, it comes down to how much importance you place on losses. Morales has the better wins IMO, but then again Floyd has some very good wins himself and zero defeats.

Comment

floyds a different fighter than morales
            like it or not floyd has beaten guys that were beatable but established and about half a dozen of em were ranked top 10 p4p
            morales faced the best in his division and often went toe to toe

that to panda means morales had tougher challenges, he faced fighters that definitely had a chance of beating him

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Prime Barrera and prime Pacquiao are better wins than anything on Floyd's resume.

Ultimately, it comes down to how much importance you place on losses.
              losses are overrated specially nowadays...

i will take el terible's resume anytime than joan guzman's who got no losses at all...

Comment

Erik Morales was willing to face 'em all.

Comment

I'd say Morales slightly, basically because of Barrera and Pacquiao. He has six losses but they were only to four people, two being Pacquiao when Morales was past it and the other two being to Diaz and Raheem for the same reason.

Mayweather accomplished more, but against not quite as good competition.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    floyds a different fighter than morales
                    like it or not floyd has beaten guys that were beatable but established and about half a dozen of em were ranked top 10 p4p
                    morales faced the best in his division and often went toe to toe

that to panda means morales had tougher challenges, he faced fighters that definitely had a chance of beating him
                    so who deserves more credit if you are going to look at it in a boxing historian's perspective?

Comment

Working...
                    X