No announcement yet.

Age Of Opponents / When Clash With GGG / Since Ouma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    Alvarez mentioned his career goals publicly, to industry, before facing Cotto, that he would move to 160 in 1-2 years and would love to face Gennady. He literally said that. .
    You said, "2 years ago," Golovkin was never going to budge from 160 even though his camp plagued capacity and false expectations that 154-168 was easy weight to make
    Floyd was retired. Would Froch or Chavez Jr., in the same year, 2015, had made more financial sense than Alvarez at 155? What if Cotto vs Alvarez never happened? How does K2 justify saying in 2015 that 168 against Froch or Chavez Jr. made financial sense while at the same time claiming that 154 was easy or that they'd love to fight a Floyd at 154 or pretend that Alvarez wouldn't bring great PPV even had he not beat Cotto or had the Lineal? What did Chavez Jr. have in 2015 that they wanted that fight at 168?

So to say "2 years ago" meaning Q4 2015? That slot wasnt even available and Alvarez wasnt on K2s narrative before he beat Cotto.

These facts play a difference. I agree with you, lets focus on 160 performance, not 155 which Gennady said "Canelo too big this a disrespect to boxing" but wanting Floyd as a "dream fight" to now Gennady saying "Fight With Canelo is a dream fight."
    Who are you thinking you are quoting exactly when you say "you said"? Because it damn sure isn't me.

I'm not sure if it's your writing style or what but I
    can't make out what you are honestly asking. It just doesn't make sense.

Where are you from and how old are you?

Comment

im lost on this one to be honest...what does his opponents and ww's have to do with each other?

Comment

Ah I can see that's why it's confusing...

The reason I listed those Welterweights was to show age variance and calbre for those stars listed. What has Garcia done? What has Broner done? Bradley? Thurman? Look at their ages and look at the pool of 147. So now compare these fighters to the opposition from Golovkin. Who is the Geale from 147? Who is the Jacobs of 147?

The thing is, Alvarez's age is close to the other stars at 147, and so take his resume for experience. Golovkin is fighting a young gun star who has prestige just a tad bit north from the new gen at 147.
        OK, since you explained it now let's take Thurman and Brook. Their best wins are both Porter imo. Is he any better than Jacobs? Or Lemieux even. Maybe, maybe not. Now it's fair to say that Middle is more shallow than Welter. But that's not Golovkins fault. I know he was down to fight Pirog, who pulled out. Eubank who didn't sign. Still can't see where the punchline is.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          im lost on this one to be honest...what does his opponents and ww's have to do with each other?
          The Welters have a deep division of known propah boxers along with their age, wouldn't you call them prime?

Im justifying Alvarez's age, potential for this bout. I could delete that part of the Welters. That was just dessert, chocolate brownies, no different to when people said the "160 Division is weak" yet GGg still decided to stay to want to beat Bhops record at all costs.with the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
            OK, since you explained it now let's take Thurman and Brook. Their best wins are both Porter imo. Is he any better than Jacobs? Or Lemieux even. Maybe, maybe not. Now it's fair to say that Middle is more shallow than Welter. But that's not Golovkins fault. I know he was down to fight Pirog, who pulled out. Eubank who didn't sign. Still can't see where the punchline is.
            Again, this is not "fault." I am showing objectively for the odds. Has Brook had a unification bout like Thurman with Garcia? Who has Jacobs tried to unify with at 160?

This thread isn't about "should've could've, but we can if we want to, but lets just focus on Alvarez coming in at 160. Forget the Chavez Jr. bout I dont know people are referencing that Nelo didn't even sit on his stool... yet people say he was tiring in the late rounds..as if the concept of the stool doesn't provide a breather to reset.

Comment

Canelos fought old fighters too...Didnt he fight a 40 yr old shane mosely? An older cotto. Etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                Not sure what the point is that your making.
                Ah I can see that's why it's confusing...

The reason I listed those Welterweights was to show age variance and calbre for those stars listed. What has Garcia done? What has Broner done? Bradley? Thurman? Look at their ages and look at the pool of 147. So now compare these fighters to the opposition from Golovkin. Who is the Geale from 147? Who is the Jacobs of 147?

The thing is, Alvarez's age is close to the other stars at 147, and so take his resume for experience. Golovkin is fighting a young gun star who has prestige just a tad bit north from the new gen at 147.
                Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Who are you thinking you are quoting exactly when you say "you said"? Because it damn sure isn't me.

I'm not sure if it's your writing style or what but I
                can't make out what you are honestly asking. It just doesn't make sense.

Where are you from and how old are you?
                He's an asylum seeker .. unless he's in an asylum already. In which case, I wish the nurses would take away his computer and give us a break from this nonsense.

Comment

Again, this is not "fault." I am showing objectively for the odds. Has Brook had a unification bout like Thurman with Garcia? Who has Jacobs tried to unify with at 160?

This thread isn't about "should've could've, but we can if we want to, but lets just focus on Alvarez coming in at 160. Forget the Chavez Jr. bout I dont know people are referencing that Nelo didn't even sit on his stool... yet people say he was tiring in the late rounds..as if the concept of the stool doesn't provide a breather to reset.
                  I didn't count Garcia because I don't think he'd done much at welterweight but yeah on that he might edge Brook abit but I think Brook beat Porter in better style. As for the odds for Canelo, I think that despite not looking fantastic against Jacobs, Golovkins frame advantage nullifies Canelo's age advantage. I think it's going to be really hard to beat Golovkin when he's got the reach on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Canelos fought old fighters too...Didnt he fight a 40 yr old shane mosely? An older cotto. Etc etc
                    And Kova fought a 47 year old Bhop and took them straps...

What does Gennady, Alvarez, or Kovalev fighting "older" fighters have anyhting to do with Golovkin not having fought a 27 year old like Alvarez throughout his whole career? Golovkin has fought 160 his whole career.

He got rocked by a left hook Amar Amari at 160...surely that guy is not important, but he got rocked...the same unfortunate type of blow that a Boone could possibly do on a dude named Ward or Kovalev..

The point is that the power is there if you can land flush. We saw it with Jacobs in the 11th correct?

I think the fans will be surprised with how many moments Nelo will have on GGG.

Comment

38 - Ishida
                      Golovkin's oldest opponent Ishida was 37.

Comment

Working...
                      X