Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word at all from Rigo, Is he still fighting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word at all from Rigo, Is he still fighting?

I've yet to hear so much as a whisper from Rigo or his team. Does anyone know if he has any fights lined up at 122? Does he plan on getting his belt back?

Lmaoooooooooooooooooo. someone should check his twitter manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Lmaoooooooooooooooooo. someone should check his twitter manager.
      I think that dude quit.

And I'm kinda thinking Loma's people hired him cuz Loma's twitter has gotten more entertaining since the W over Rigo & Rigo's twitter has been virtually radio silent with all the gems from pre-Loma.

But lets be for real. Rigo wasn't fighting all that much previously. So win or lose vs Loma he wasn't gonna have anything on the table til summer best case either way. Give it time.

That said I wouldn't hate it if Rigo just retired. I've speculated before that Rigo would make a great trainer. Idk if he's got the desire or mindset to do that sorta job, but I think he'd be a good trainer of fighters if he choose that path.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        I've yet to hear so much as a whisper from Rigo or his team. Does anyone know if he has any fights lined up at 122? Does he plan on getting his belt back?
        he took a cash out fight and lost. there's not much for him to do now. TV networks don't want him. his promoter has no juice without cotto or ward. his contract expires in the summer. maybe he can try to jump to PBC, but not sure showtime would want him.

Comment

Last words I heard from Rigo: "Lomachenko is not special, he's normal, it's just because of my hand. No excuses, I'll return and fight everyone!"

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
            All that talking and jabbering before the fight and not even trying to back it up is making them lay low for a while I believe. He should be back by Summer but with roc nation and Caribe guiding him who knows if he will ever be back.

Comment

who cares, he quit and didnt have the heart, something Id been saying for years

Comment

rigo is retired living the life.

Comment

I heard he's currently employed by loma as a pool cleaner

Comment

Doubt he fights again

He got stripped and no one is gonna fight him because difficult to look good against and wont get full credit if you win because of his last showing. And hes past the stage where hes gonna be willing to take small fights to work his way up.

Comment

Working...
                    X