No announcement yet.

Hearn won't be around long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
    Your last paragraph; Why would Young Americans risk getting their heads broken every day in their gym for 1/10 of the money they'd earn from being a average NFL/NBA Player.

This is even before you get into all the dodgy promoters who wants a share, poor drug testing in Boxing and Boxing not being a mainstream sport as well as having slurred speech and being in a wheelchair from Age 50.
    Just ask Deontay Wilder the same question? He was a standout All American High school basketball and football player.

He received many scholarships from some the best colleges and universities in the U.S. But that didn't guarantee he would have made at the professional level. So he chose a career path to boxing because it was a much faster and easier way to earn a living.

Moreover, there's less competition in boxing than it is in other sports because there are fewer youngsters participating in it. In addition, the greatest challenge and obstacle in the sport of boxing is the individual.

One has to be extremely disciplined in order to succeed in the sport. I believe Deontay Wilder made the right decision because look at him now. He is arguably one of the best two or three Heavyweight boxers in the world today.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Because they guaranteed him millions per fight and here you are talking about how ****ty the fights are. You don't consider that over paying?
      Thats weird, because Jacobs has never made MILLIONS in any fight. His purse for GGG was 1.75M and I'm pretty sure he didn't make a bundle against Arias. You're telling me Jacobs made 2M+ against Maciej Sulecki?

Charlo is with Haymon and isn't happening unless it's a mandatory. Saunders is with Warren and it isn't happening unless it's a mandatory. Nobody would care about the other fights. It's Canelo, GGG or bust for Jacobs and even when he was offered the Canelo fight, he was low balled and turned it down. So Jacobs will keep being overpaid fighting nobodies while he waits to hopefully get a shot at Canelo or GGG eventually.
      GGG isn't with Warren either, but that fight was being inked before GBP made the fight. Those theories are outdated.

Nobody would care to see Jacobs fight:
      Andrade
      Derevyanchenko
      Murray
      Lemieux
      Spike
      Quigly

???

Nobody cared for GGG.Lemieux or Saunders.Lemieux? Thats really weird! People like Lemieux, why wouldn't they care if Jacobs fought Lemieux? But they cared when Jacobs fougbt Arias (never heard of him) or Sulecki?

Come on man, this is stupid.

I just bought a sandwich at the deli. I paid the cashier for the sandwich. Does the cashier work for me?

I don't work for DAZN. They license the rights to footage I own. They are my customer. I'm selling footage. They're buying footage. I don't work for them anymore than Walmart works for me when I buy a ladder.
      If you want to get a bpoint across don't be so damned ambiguous. You're a writer, but a promoter too, and now you're selling footage?

What type of footage are you selling DAZN? Please don't say Boxing either, could you be more specific please?

It doesnt make sense for someone in your position to talk shít about one of your clients which is why the whole thing is suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
        Thats weird, because Jacobs has never made MILLIONS in any fight.
        You're wrong.

His purse for GGG was 1.75M
        Filed purses are bogus and you have no idea what he actually got paid.

and I'm pretty sure he didn't make a bundle against Arias. You're telling me Jacobs made 2M+ against Maciej Sulecki?
        Pretty sure based on what? Filed purses? Which are meaningless?

Jacobs guarantee with Hearn is 2M+ per fight. Why do you think the opponents have been so terrible? HBO can't afford anybody worth seeing.

GGG isn't with Warren either, but that fight was being inked before GBP made the fight. Those theories are outdated.
        Oh my god. You're so ****ing stupid. Normally I would try to explain things kindly, but you have so much attitude, and you're so wrong, that somebody has to put you in your place.

To compare Tom Loeffler doing business with Frank Warren to Eddie Hearn doing business with Frank Warren shows you have absolutely no understanding of the situation whatsoever.

Which would be fine, if you wanted to learn, but you clearly think you already know it all, which is probably why you're so off base.

Comment

Working...
        X