No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia may be the most overrated boxer I've seen in a long time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Naw, I think Crawford or Anthony Joshua hold that honor currently.

Mikey is only overrated if you're saying he's a top 5 P4Per which many aren't.
    Joshua knocked out Wlad which is a big deal. If that doesnt warrant the hype, i dont know what does.

Crawford, Garcia, and Loma dont have an opponent of that caliber on their resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      never seen such a fghter in high regard have such awful defense

its like he doesnt even move his head or roll with the punches

he has decent pop and hand speed other then that he's so ordinary.
      Move his head? The guy can't even move his feet. He is way too slow and is lucky his comeback has been made of bums.

I think he is good but certainly far from p4p, especially off the back of recent performances. Linares, Loma and TC need to be his coming opponents.

Comment

Needs to be at 135. Looks undersized at 140, but getting by on his superior boxing.

People in here are underestimating now though. He may be slow but he has excellent timing and fundamentals. He doesnt strike me as the type of athlete who can move up in weight loads and beat great fighters, but he could dominate a pretty poor 135 scene, and then fight Loma when the opportunity arises.

Comment

Step up to 147 Mikey, those guys probably don't hit harder than Lipinets, haha! yeah Cotto would of got you out of there asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Needs to be at 135. Looks undersized at 140, but getting by on his superior boxing.

People in here are underestimating now though. He may be slow but he has excellent timing and fundamentals. He doesnt strike me as the type of athlete who can move up in weight loads and beat great fighters, but he could dominate a pretty poor 135 scene, and then fight Loma when the opportunity arises.
            He looked the same size as Lipinets or even bigger to me.

Funny is that Mikey said he would rather fight Spence in 147 than Loma in 135.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
              He looked the same size as Lipinets or even bigger to me.

Funny is that Mikey said he would rather fight Spence in 147 than Loma in 135.
              Lipinets is a former kickboxer so his legs carry a lot of his weight. You can see Mikey is soft at 140 imo.

Spence would murder him.

Comment

Originally posted by CleneloAlvaroid View Post
                You must have missed adrien broner then. Biggest hypejob of the last 2 decades.
                I have to agree with this, Broner was literally anointed the next Mayweather. That gift he got against PDL should've set off bells and whistles. Seriously, can you imagine 23 year old Floyd looking that bad against PDL?

Comment

Chocalito never had any defense.

Comment

I wouldnt say the most overrated because maybe that title belongs to Ricky Hatton but definitely overrated. Micky ain't the fighter they claim he is. The day he is in with an elite he will be knocked out. I can't wait for him to move up to 147lbs because there he will have nowhere to hide.

Comment

he's very basic in terms of what he does.

obviously he has some skills but i've never been impress with him. he's never been in a fight where im amazed at his performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X