Collapse
No announcement yet.

True Detective Season 2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a minute I was thinking the kid at the end was the Mexican girl and Pauls kid. All the bit ches made it out. Fu cking Ray man, he just had to see his fat ginger kid. He was golden too, had the money the girl and a ticket out. And Frank forgot to take care of the Messicans, completely overlooked them. Too much pride, might have got away if he would have gave up his suit.

The finale was pretty good, it was pretty damn intense for a good stretch of time. I was hoping for a little more crazy though, a little more shock value. It was a better ending than season 1 though which seemed flat (and the whole religious awakening line was weaaaak).

Comment

• with 3 of the main characters getting killed i kinda expected it so it didn't really surprise me...what bothered me was velcoro trying to send a last message to his son failed

Comment

• I disagree with you guys, I thought that was incredible, especially the last 45 minutes. The whole season was very dark and nihilistic. As much as I hated it, the sad ending fits in with the entire premise of the show. I thought it was very realistic.

I'm still trying to figure out grow the Mexicans tracked him, I'm assuming the Armenians gave him up? But why?

Comment

• Velcoro's death was foreshadowed in the opening montague of episode 3 when he is hallucinating a conversation with his dad in Frank's bar.

Comment

• The scene where Ray has a dream with his father:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sN_YtynITo

Boom!
            http://imgur.com/a/ZRpHE

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              The scene where Ray has a dream with his father:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sN_YtynITo

Boom!
              http://imgur.com/a/ZRpHE
              So sad

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                I disagree with you guys, I thought that was incredible, especially the last 45 minutes. The whole season was very dark and nihilistic. As much as I hated it, the sad ending fits in with the entire premise of the show. I thought it was very realistic.

I'm still trying to figure out grow the Mexicans tracked him, I'm assuming the Armenians gave him up? But why?
                I don't think the Armenians gave him up because the Mexicans asked Frank where the Armenians got their guns during the desert scene. I think it's more likely they were tracking the Armenians for their own interests and got on Frank's track after he dropped of his payment to the Armenians.

I really like the desert scene with Frank after he's been stabbed. Crows following his trail of blood, past demons (Dad, thugs, first guy he killed?) haunting him, and finally passing on as he hallucinates his wife. Quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  For a minute I was thinking the kid at the end was the Mexican girl and Pauls kid. All the bit ches made it out. Fu cking Ray man, he just had to see his fat ginger kid. He was golden too, had the money the girl and a ticket out. And Frank forgot to take care of the Messicans, completely overlooked them. Too much pride, might have got away if he would have gave up his suit.

The finale was pretty good, it was pretty damn intense for a good stretch of time. I was hoping for a little more crazy though, a little more shock value. It was a better ending than season 1 though which seemed flat (and the whole religious awakening line was weaaaak).
                  He didn't wanna give up the suit because he had the diamonds in there remember?

Yeah I thought this season was a solid B. Wasn't near as bad as some people or critics are calling, actually had some very entertaining episodes. But wasn't as great as Season 1, though I agree Season 1 as amazing as it was, had a blah ending.

Comment

• It didn't have a terrible start, but it just got worse and worse the longer it went. A tremendous waste of time, money and talent.

Hopefully season 3(if it ever happens) will be better. I think it has to be.

Comment

• Season 2 ruined the whole show. Not completely sure, but I think HBO canned that show because of how ****ty that season turned out. It didn't even matter how good the 1st season was.

As terrible as that second season was, Rachel McAdams and Colin Farrell both did great acting jobs in it and their characters were the only thing good about it.

I made it to the second to last episode and didn't even bother finishing it. The first episodes were very good and then it just got lame.

I liked the scene where Colin Farrell went to his son's bully's house and beat up his dad in front of him. Great scene, but the show went downhill from that moment on. That was barely the second or third episode.

Comment

Working...
                      X