No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Remains Hospitalized in Intensive Care

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    I wouldn't shed a tear if he became the next Gerald McClellan.

And I really don't give a ***** if you think I'm a terrible person for saying that.
    Amen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      I wouldn't shed a tear if he became the next Gerald McClellan.

And I really don't give a ***** if you think I'm a terrible person for saying that.
      This 100%. No sympathy for pedo pimps.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
        Man, I don't know what's wrong with me but this is hurting me emotionally. I've been a critic and somewhat of a hater towards this guy. I know some of the bad stories about his past offences but I hate to see him have any serious brain trauma and it would be heartbreaking if he died from this. I really hope he is ok. I feel guilty for the pleasure I got from seeing him get beat the way he did. I love the violence of boxing but this kind of thing is devastating. Think of his family and all the hopes and dreams that he has for his life.
        It is the risk they take in combat sports, and we should not feel that way. But we do. I just recently learned about his past, and was giddy he got beat. Figured this was it for him. Was glad the belt was on someone else. Was also very skeptical about him being taken off on a stretcher.

Then I read this headline and my stomach dropped. I feel horrid for all those happy emotions. All of a sudden I could care less about his past. Just hope he is okay and ends his career healthy. I have seen enough tragedy in this sport.

Comment

Enlightenment is being able to look at things with no bias, as if there is no right and no wrong. After all, what is wrong, and what is right? someone elses life experience as a young child growing up may cause them to do much worse things than you may have, because they themselves got f'd over. I've always assumed that pedos probably got pedo'd as a kid, most of them. so while many of us were able to have one or both parents there to give decent guidance to us, maybe some guys weren't and got beat or whatever as a kid, or were forced into lives of crime - it can happen.

So just be human and wish the man well, don't be a prick.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

With this kind of thing, there's often a large schadenfreude component. Some here are showing it.
              Human nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                Man, I don't know what's wrong with me but this is hurting me emotionally. I've been a critic and somewhat of a hater towards this guy. I know some of the bad stories about his past offences but I hate to see him have any serious brain trauma and it would be heartbreaking if he died from this. I really hope he is ok. I feel guilty for the pleasure I got from seeing him get beat the way he did. I love the violence of boxing but this kind of thing is devastating. Think of his family and all the hopes and dreams that he has for his life.
                Yeah Im sick man. This is the first time a fighter I rooted for to lose has gotten injured, and the first time Ive seen anyone get injured at the top level of the sport where it wasnt the refs fault. I always used the excuse that yeah people die in boxing and I watch boxing, but only because of mismatches the promoters put on, or only because of inept doctors or refs who let a guy who is really injured take a beating. But this was a title fight, Adonis showed zero signs at all, and there was no way of preventing it, so clearly I am full of ****. This is probably what lots of new boxing fans go through and why they stop complaining about guys ducking the best opponents and whatnot. The sport is cruel. The only excuse here is Adonis is 41 years old and probably on PEDs. They probably both are so it's one guy whose body is messed up from PEDs getting hit by another guy on PEDs.

Actually, that's going to be my new excuse. If these guys werent all on PEDs, the sport would be much less dangerous, and they wouldnt get hurt. Just like the NFL. Okay cool, now I can go back to enjoying boxing.

But seriously, no, I dont know what to think about the sport anymore. I feel bad for him, his people, and for Gvozdyk and almost Teddy most of all in a weird way. I think he suffers in this world as intelligent people do, and this was supposed to be something wonderful that he came back for and accomplished, and now it could end in tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  it weir because he seemed to look good on the stool
                  Yeah I know which makes this even worse. I thought the same thing I hope im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Yeah Im sick man. This is the first time a fighter I rooted for to lose has gotten injured, and the first time Ive seen anyone get injured at the top level of the sport where it wasnt the refs fault. I always used the excuse that yeah people die in boxing and I watch boxing, but only because of mismatches the promoters put on, or only because of inept doctors or refs who let a guy who is really injured take a beating. But this was a title fight, Adonis showed zero signs at all, and there was no way of preventing it, so clearly I am full of ****. This is probably what lots of new boxing fans go through and why they stop complaining about guys ducking the best opponents and whatnot. The sport is cruel. The only excuse here is Adonis is 41 years old and probably on PEDs. They probably both are so it's one guy whose body is messed up from PEDs getting hit by another guy on PEDs.

Actually, that's going to be my new excuse. If these guys werent all on PEDs, the sport would be much less dangerous, and they wouldnt get hurt. Just like the NFL. Okay cool, now I can go back to enjoying boxing.

But seriously, no, I dont know what to think about the sport anymore. I feel bad for him, his people, and for Gvozdyk and almost Teddy most of all in a weird way. I think he suffers in this world as intelligent people do, and this was supposed to be something wonderful that he came back for and accomplished, and now it could end in tragedy.
                    I rarely ever blame the ref. Or Dr. Thay do not know the boxer. Thats 100% the corners fault. They should know everything about the guy their training. How he acts hurt and not hurt

But in underground fights the trainers usually work with multiple fighters for the 1st time and have like 30 mins to train him...

Comment

• Originally posted by joebloggs789 View Post
                      This 100%. No sympathy for pedo pimps.
                      Fuk off homie. Now aint the time or place to say that sht.

Comment

Working...
                      X