No announcement yet.

Is Luis Ortiz Overrated Poll?!?!?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    I am a science grad who happen to have knowledge on human anatomy, I aint no doctor for sure, so pardon me if my explanation/terms come across as student like & not a pro.. But I still back my claim that an athlete who is past his genetic prime(30 yrs) simply cannot gain 20-30lbs of muscle mass with no fat in matter of 2-3 months. bulking up & maintaining the muscle mass is a gradual process & in most cases needs the right supplements & diet.. Gaining 30lbs needs right supplements & that's what I am calling out as a red flag that these supplements are enhancing your body grow so fast.. You know where I am going with this..

if you are training 6-8 hrs a day & doing cardio, set this routine up for 6 days a week, your body doesn't get the right time to gain the muscle mass, its only logical.. Also, your appetite is driven by your body need & the more your burn, the more you consume.. I know people who are gym rats & are athletically built like Wilder is but aren't able to gain that mass weight just by their protein/carb diet..
    The point was you can't go by photos, as unless you're measuring body fat percentage, saying "he still looks chiselled" doesn't mean you can be confident he hasn't made changes naturally.

I'm sure you do know people that are gym rats, we all know gym rats! "my mate down the gym" but gyms rats aren't comparable to professional athletes, who have access to professional trainers, professional coaches, professional nutritionists and so on.

Wilder weighed in at 228lbs in January (15th), what was his weigh in for the recent postponed fight? without checking and added weight within 3 and half months? I don't see any reason to use that to suggest he must clearly be using peds.

Not that i'm saying for definite either way, just often all people go by, is how someone looks in a photo.
    Last edited by BlackRevolver; 07-01-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRevolver View Post
      The point was you can't go by photos, as unless you're measuring body fat percentage, saying "he still looks chiselled" doesn't mean you can be confident he hasn't made changes naturally.

I'm sure you do know people that are gym rats, we all know gym rats! "my mate down the gym" but gyms rats aren't comparable to professional athletes, who have access to professional trainers, professional coaches, professional nutritionists and so on.

Wilder weighed in at 228lbs in January (15th), what was his weigh in for the recent postponed fight? without checking and added weight within 3 and half months? I don't see any reason to use that to suggest he must clearly be using peds.

Not that i'm saying for definite either way, just often all people go by, is how someone looks in a photo.
      my source is the interview in youtube where Wilder said he is going to be heavy around 245-250 for this fight with Povetkin.. No official weight was taken as the fight did not happen, but we'll know on 15-July weigh in against Arreola..

Edit: http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...ilder-at-219-2

He was 219 against Stiverne in Jan'15, 229 against Molina in June, 228.6 in Sep against Duhaupas, 228 against Spzilka in Jan'16. He wanted to go to 245-250 in May..
      Last edited by BoxingFan85; 07-01-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I dont know if hes overrated but he looked pretty good to me when he dismantled Jennings.

Comment

depends on how one views him, is he a top 10 heavyweight? by modern standards yes...is he some indestructible beast? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Working...
          X