No announcement yet.

6 fighters at junior lightweight who could beat pbf

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 fighters at junior lightweight who could beat pbf

Today Mayweather is 37 year welterweight champion who happens to be a great fighter

He is not an all time great welterweight, nor is pacquaio, nor was pernell whitaker, duran, or most of the other welterweight champions who were title holders at lower weights outside of.armstrong or maybe barney ross so its far fetched

Floyd Mayweather started at 130 and was one of the most.dominant champions of all time

He was physically at his best but was not the defensive master he was at 140 and up in his prime

Anyway here is my list...explanations coming soon

1)Alexis arguello
    2)sandy sadler
    3)kid chocolate
    4) flash elorde
    5) henry Armstrong
    6)tony canzoneri

I think Chavez sr should get a shout out..

If Castillo causes you trouble then prime Chavez at 130/135 would be a nightmare..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I think Chavez sr should get a shout out..

If Castillo causes you trouble then prime Chavez at 130/135 would be a nightmare..
      I thought about jcc

A true great

Imo at 130 he did not reach his peak although formidable

Mayweather had no questionable wins at the weight, whereas jcc had laporte and lockridge

Also chavez and jcc have diff styles and dimensions

Jlc is longer, has a better jab and imo had better success against good boxers and movement
      Jlc almost beat mayweather at 135, he beat good boxers casamayor, johnston, julio diaz

Jcc was troubled by lesser fighters than Mayweather at the same weight and higher randall, laporte, and lockridge
      Last edited by therealpugilist; 09-20-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I think Mayweathers style would be a nightmare for Arguello.

Saddler would give him problems.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Today Mayweather is 37 year welterweight champion who happens to be a great fighter

He is not an all time great welterweight, nor is pacquaio, nor was pernell whitaker, duran, or most of the other welterweight champions who were title holders at lower weights outside of.armstrong or maybe barney ross so its far fetched

Floyd Mayweather started at 130 and was one of the most.dominant champions of all time

He was physically at his best but was not the defensive master he was at 140 and up in his prime

Anyway here is my list...explanations coming soon

1)Alexis arguello
          2)sandy sadler
          3)kid chocolate
          4) flash elorde
          5) henry Armstrong
          6)tony canzoneri

1) Alexis arguello would get thoroughly outboxed but he had that eraser...also he was accurate, poised and didnt waste much...he was the only fighter at the weight as dominant if not more dominant than pbf

2)saddler was rougher, tougher and hit harder than maidana...a dq in our era would ve a high possibility but back in his time he would mug pbf....thumbs, low.blows, and overhand right anf left that felled over 100 victims...he could be inconsistent but on his best day he and pbf wouldve been a classic boxer vs brawler epic

3)there is not much footage of him but considering what there is,.his record, comp and style he'd be a handful...only lost to atg in his prime

4) elorde was a fast savvy boxer brawler, great stamina and good power...a southpaw to.boot and one of the best ever at 130

5)Armstrong would mayweathers worst nightmare....physically gifted.with reflexes, speed, power and unseen stamina....won titles at 126 and 135...it would take a near perfect fight for both, epic

6) canzoneri is one of my all time favs and in most people's top 10 or 20 atg

He had it all...below lightweight he had good power, reflexes, stamina, counters, you name

Hr could fumble here and there but his schedule was one of the toughest ever

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            I thought about jcc

A true great

Imo at 130 he did not reach his peak although formidable

Mayweather had no questionable wins at the weight, whereas jcc had laporte and lockridge

Also chavez and jcc have diff styles and dimensions

Jlc is longer, has a better jab and imo had better success against good boxers and movement
            Jlc almost beat mayweather at 135, he beat good boxers casamayor, johnston, julio diaz

Jcc was troubled by lesser fighters than Mayweather at the same weight and higher randall, laporte, and lockridge
            I don't count the Randall fight, that was way past it Chavez..

Chavez didn't have any trouble with Laporte

Lock ridge was a good fighter with some pop, but if didn't think Chavez struggled with him, it was just a competitive one sided fight IMO

Chavez 84-87 would be a rough fight for Floyd

Some might laugh but I think camacho pre Rosario would cause Floyd a lot of problems as well..

Azumah Nelson as well

Comment

Roberto Duran Ray Mancini Arron Pryor Chavez Sr Arguello in my eyes would beat Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Roberto Duran Ray Mancini Arron Pryor Chavez Sr Arguello in my eyes would beat Mayweather
                Mancini would get hatton'd

Comment

Working...
                X