Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Way Gonzalez Fought Was Embarrassing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He fought with very poor defense especially following the first knockdown. He went down trading when he had no reason to in the 4th.

A case of a boxer not being able to thrive in the limelight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      You still refuse to answer who Floyd's toughest opponents were. So, we'll agree to disagree and you can take your self-anointed "win" on this thread and have another go at your manhood to celebrate.
      Because it has nothing to do with anything.

I'll say again, this time you might get it, YOU made the claim. You said Rung is more dangerous than anyone Floyd has faced Now it's on you to justify that.

Don't bring all this irrelevant stuff up answering questions with questions, talking about why Floyd chose Maidana and this that and the other, that has nothing to do with what I asked you.

It's simple, name me Rung's 5 best wins.

I warned you man, this road was not a good one for you to go down. I gave you more than one chance to turn back but you insisted.
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-11-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Didn't Floyd fight Corrales and Castillo at the peak of their powers? And Alvarez when he was the top guy at 54? And Hatton when he was lineal and unbeaten at 40 moving up to challenge he 47 king? C'mon. Gonzalez had a great, HOF run but it wasn't Floyd level and there's no way that comparison works out. Floyd's opposition from Genaro to Berto averaged about a top five opponent per fight. There was some crap, but this comp myth for him has gotten nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Didn't Floyd fight Corrales and Castillo at the peak of their powers? And Alvarez when he was the top guy at 54? And Hatton when he was lineal and unbeaten at 40 moving up to challenge he 47 king? C'mon. Gonzalez had a great, HOF run but it wasn't Floyd level and there's no way that comparison works out. Floyd's opposition from Genaro to Berto averaged about a top five opponent per fight. There was some crap, but this comp myth for him has gotten nuts.
          You don't need to list how Floyd's resume is better than Roman's. That's asinine.

But it's a pointless task because all that guy will do is discredit the wins or in his words "dissect it"

Which is the eqilvelent of me saying;

"Estrada? Green, wasn't at his optimal weight class."

"Cuadras? C Class. Lost to the best fighters he faced.

"Viloria? Past his prime. Done nothing since"

"Sosa? 8 loss's"

"Rung? Cherry pick gone wrong was supposed to be an easy fight and lost"

It's easy to do that. I mean look what he just did with Maidana, ****ted on him claiming he's not a dangerous opponent because he fought someone 13-3 three fights prior all while claiming Rung is more dangerous than anyone Floyd has faced. Clearly hasn't seen his recent opposition.

Roman's awesome I love watching him and he's a really good fighter and deserved P4P #1 while he was but to compare him to Floyd is stupid. Not even worth conversating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code Red View Post
            I'm not accepting the fanboy excuses, you can not tell me this guy is P4P the best fighter in boxing and then proceed to use the "he ran into a bigger man" excuse. For one this was not his first fight with Rungvisai, he already went 12 with him so his size, power, style, skills should be no mystery for Gonzalez or his team. A P4P fighter takes what they learned in the first fight and makes adjustments regardless of size.

Secondly I won't accept the "he got old over night" excuse because less than a year ago you were claiming he was better than Floyd "freaking" Mayweather! A guy with no defense and never proven he can handle adversity was somehow declared better than Floyd??

Third, it's about time you actually watch the fight and say to yourself what is Gonzalez doing in the ring? He was fighting one of the most defensively irresponsible fights I ever seen! Doing nothing but coming forward in straight lines, no head movement, no footwork, no real strategy, tactics, or game plan. His answer to anything that happens in the ring is throw more punches. He left himself exposed, vulnerable, and wide open the entire fight, it was clear he would get starched at any second!

This fight had nothing to do with the size of the two opponents or getting old overnight, it had everything to do with fighting with a low IQ. You fight in a non intelligent way you get dispatched, even by an average fighter like Rungvisai. For a so called P4P fighter that was an embarrassing performance that deserves massive criticism. Stop making excuses for this guy, either improve your skills or retire.
            I agree. He burst into action for a minute or so in the second round, but when he went back to his corner he looked dejected.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              You don't need to justify Roman's loss to me.

Nor do you need to compare Roman and Floyd's level of modesty as it's irrelevant to your ridiculous claim.

You just attempted to **** on Maidana because he fought a guy that was 13-3-1.

Rungvasai's last 15 opponents 3 years prior to the first Roman fight;

0-0
              0-0
              0-0
              12-19
              3-5
              12-10
              28-22
              21-37
              34-2
              10-20
              5-2
              18-26
              11-5
              22-24
              6-10

I'll ask again, are you really sure that's the road you want to go down?

Maidana was a cherry pick huh?

Ok, name me Rungvasai's 5 best wins prior to Roman 1. Since Mayweather never fought anyone as dangerous.
              Owned!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                You don't need to justify Roman's loss to me.

Nor do you need to compare Roman and Floyd's level of modesty as it's irrelevant to your ridiculous claim.

You just attempted to **** on Maidana because he fought a guy that was 13-3-1.

Rungvasai's last 15 opponents 3 years prior to the first Roman fight;

0-0
                0-0
                0-0
                12-19
                3-5
                12-10
                28-22
                21-37
                34-2
                10-20
                5-2
                18-26
                11-5
                22-24
                6-10

I'll ask again, are you really sure that's the road you want to go down?

Maidana was a cherry pick huh?

Ok, name me Rungvasai's 5 best wins prior to Roman 1. Since Mayweather never fought anyone as dangerous.
                This post is the equivalent of sprinkling baby powder in your hands and then slapping the fuck out of an out of pocket, disrespectful hooker trying to short your money.

Lethal IronDan!

Comment

Working...
                X