Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Sergio Martinez: what's your prediction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Sergio Martinez: what's your prediction?

I think Chavez Jr's youth and aggression will make it a very difficult fight for the aging Martinez.

What do you think?
    Martinez by KO/TKO
    42.50%
    Martinez by decision
    27.50%
    Chavez by KO/TKO
    20.00%
    Chavez by decision
    6.25%
    Difficult one to predict
    3.75%

The poll is expired.

My prediction is Chavez Jr goes to 168 and avoids Sergio at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      My prediction is Chavez Jr goes to 168 and avoids Sergio at all costs.
      I thought he would too, but there have been reports this fight is on for Sep 15 on HBO.

Comment

Chavez has a chance if they fight in a baby ring like last night.

Long night for sergio either way, if i had to money, it would be on sergio

Comment

Chavez's confidence is at its highest, Arum's confidence is at its highest, hardcore fans now start to think Chavez may get the best of Martinez = I'm gonna make a lot of money and e-points. Martinez all day everyday.

Comment

Prediction: fight won't happen. Chávez will move to 168 and avoid Martínez.

Comment

after watching yesterdays performance I could say it won't be easy for either of them but I still say Martinez takes it in a close but explosive fight

Comment

Sergio's age is bound to catch up with him any fight now...I think JCCj has the right people around him to make this fight happen with the proper timing and terms that would be beneficial to him.

Comment

Its a fight I like but its one where I see all the cards stacked against Sergio.

He will be outweighed by 15lbs +
                  His chances of getting a decision are very slim.
                  I can't see Chavez Jr undergoing a drug test.

That said if he is as easy to hit coming in as he was against Lee, there is no need for judges because Sergio will blast him apart.

He can't take Sergios jab & straight left like he took Lees, no way I don't care how good his chin is.

Comment

Martínez is toasted, it will only take a couple of body punches from Jr. to take out his legs. Probably he (martínez) will build up some excuse to pull out of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X