Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what improvements has cotto shown that says he can deal with tonys pressure??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what improvements has cotto shown that says he can deal with tonys pressure??

what changes has he shown that says he can deal with margos constant pressure..not to mention at 154 cotto doesnt look as good as he did at 147..

what game plan can cotto use to beat margo?

stay off the mother****in ropes..that's what Cotto needs to do.

and use the right hand more.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      what changes has he shown that says he can deal with margos constant pressure..not to mention at 154 cotto doesnt look as good as he did at 147..

what game plan can cotto use to beat margo?
      He hasnt fought anyone yet with Steward in his corner to show how he would handle Margs pressure. I think its very obvious the changes he will need to make from the first fight but its easier said then done. Cotto by dec in a tough fight is my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
        stay off the mother****in ropes..that's what Cotto needs to do.

and use the right hand more.
        so true..he has to stay in the middle of the ring and just keep turning margo,and clinching..if he doesnt he'll suffer the same fate

Comment

Everyone saying Cotto takes it are basing it on either Tony being spent or his gloves being loaded in the first fight (thinking his punches won't do the same damage, won't debilitate Cotto as much and open him up to further punishment).

Comment

He hasn't.

Comment

I'm sure Steward recognises Miguel needs to learn how to clinch and use the ring mire then he does.

Has he shown it? No.

Comment

These are what I see:

Better positioning -- He is more upright and has better form. He is not hunched over, absorbing those upper cuts. This has improved his stamina and defense.Although Mayorga got his touches, he was limited.

Improved footwork -- In that fight, he moved in a back line, allowing Tony to simply move forward, expending no energy and hitting at will. He is moving laterally now and hasn't crossed his feet as much. He was able to turn Mayorga in the center of the ring and land combos.

Use of jab -- He always had a powerful and impactful jab, however he mainly used his power to just overwhelm his opponents. Fighting under Steward has allowed him to just use his jab to set up the body attack and control the pace of the fight. In the Mayorga fight, he used the jab to stop Mayorga's onslaught and keep Mayorga from clubbing him. Mayorga is a bigger and stronger fighter than Tony, and Cotto keeping Mayorga off of him with the jab and body attack is a pleasant improvement.

Endurance -- Those three points already discussed in my opinion has greatly increased his endurance as a result. In Foreman and Mayorga, he fought two fighters that should have tested his endurance. Against Foreman, he had to keep up with Foreman's movement, and against Mayorga, his size and strength can overwhelm alot of fighters who are smaller, but his improvement in fundamentals allowed him to be just as strong in the later rounds as they are in the beginning.

Right Hand -- It looked strong against Mayorga, and its been an issue with Cotto for a long time, so we'll be seeing ti against Tony

Tony has never looked 'good' at 154 either, so for that, I give the edge, or at least a wash to Cotto. I don't think the weight for this particular fight matters.

I can't predict a winner, but all I do know is that I don't think either of these two guys are "shot" like everyone throws out. They are still upper echelon fighters who can beat most guys. These two hate each other in a way that you can't script. They will battle and try to murder each other. If Cotto keeps to the plan and controls the action, I think he'll win. But if he loses his nerve, he'll lose. Its going to be an awesome battle that will live up to the original

Comment

just has 2 hope that A) margarito was using wraps last time and B) is ****tier now than he was then.

Comment

We won't know until they fight. I personally think Cotto has a chance of stopping Marg.

Comment

Working...
                    X