Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did The Government Give Ali Parkinsons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to that the "medicine" he was taking in the weeks prior to the Holmes fight and I imagine his body was finally pushed over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine View Post
      I don't think that Ali regrets it though. It was for a good reason. There is always a price for making a demand from society as a whole. Ali is one of the people that helped pay the price of the Civil Rights movement. He risked the health and lives of himself and his family. It is a shame that it is mostly just boxing fans that know about his contribution to the civil rights movement. He paid for equality with some of his best years as a fighter. That might not mean much to some, but boxing fans know what a price that was.
      - -Ali was the polar opposite to MLK.

Segregation, not integration, and the racial slurs on Joe and even Foreman uncalled for.

Joe's kids got into unnessary school fights defending Joes honor.

I do believe Ali turned around his thinking and became a net positive for humanity, but he didn't leave boxing in good shape when he retired.

Millions of parents, and I say righteously, steered their kids away from boxing because of his gross decline in motor coordination and intellectual function.

Comment

It was Larry Holmes who gave him that more than any other factor.
        His reflexes were gone and he took shots w.o. head movement.
        Holmes is a liar about what happened. He got off on whacking out his brains.
        I know it was his job, but still...

Comment

Nope. Larry Holmes did.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            Nope. Larry Holmes did.
            - -Nope, Big George started it off.

Ali career takes a distinct downturn after that fight starting with the postfight interview after he'd had time to recover, shower and replenish himself.

He's no longer the virginal Cassius who dethroned Liston bouncing off the ropes in Joy.

He's surly and bitter and looked like shyte vs Wepner where he ate a couple hundred rabbits without any defense.

Many beatings later, whupped pilar to post by Neon Leon, I mean, really!!!

Comment

Halfwits are not new around here. The OP thinks Ali fought a lot like Toney. That takes a blind halfwit as well.

Comment

How does any of this translate into the government giving Ali Parkinson's syndrome; because they didn't let him fight for three years?

Had he fought he would have faded anyway, just sooner; it would have resulted in more punches taken. He wasn't the type of man who would have walked away from the game early under any circumstances; he loved to fight; he loved all that went with it.

P.S. Is the OP suggesting that the government poisoned him?

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
                  How does any of this translate into the government giving Ali Parkinson's syndrome; because they didn't let him fight for three years?

Had he fought he would have faded anyway, just sooner; it would have resulted in more punches taken. He wasn't the type of man who would have walked away from the game early under any circumstances; he loved to fight; he loved all that went with it.

P.S. Is the OP suggesting that the government poisoned him?
                  - -Well, it's a dumb thread from inception sorta like we have today.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    It was Larry Holmes who gave him that more than any other factor.
                    His reflexes were gone and he took shots w.o. head movement.
                    Holmes is a liar about what happened. He got off on whacking out his brains.
                    I know it was his job, but still...
                    how dare holmes not just stand there and be ko by ali

Comment

yep the government had to find a way to silence him. all that "he took too many punches" crap is nonsense. no other boxer ended up like him. they had to shut his big mouth. he was a threat. imagine a fully functional Ali post retirement. . He wouldve been the biggest threat to the government with the beliefs he was pushing.

Ali only became a sweetheart to america when he could no longer speak.

Comment

Working...
                      X