Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find it difficult to sympathise with Crawford.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it difficult to sympathise with Crawford.

FTR, I think Bud is a tremendously talented fighter and I actually consider him the #2 P4P fighter in the sport today.

However, I find it slightly contradictory when he’s throwing shade at PBC guys for not wanting to fight him, when:

-He was the guy who chose to resign with Arum in 2018, knowing full well that options would be limited.

-He was the guy who wanted to Pacquiao to come to 140 when that fight was discussed.

-He’s the guy likely fighting Kavaliauskas when Spence/Porter and Pacquiao/Thurman are fighting each other.

I think Crawford needs to understand that he needs the PBC fighters at 147 more than the PBC fighters need him, for instance if Spence doesn’t fight Crawford he could easily be matched with Porter, Pacquiao, Thurman, DSG etc, what alternative options are there for Crawford?

i can see where ur coming from OP, but at the end of the day above everything i always felt it was silly that the promotional groups cant/dont want to work together

Comment

I can sympathize with TC, the most skilled WW in the world. This boxing promotional/advisor pettiness is similar to how world trade operates. When there is free trade occurring, all parties involved benefit, some more so than others but, overall, everyone is better off than not interacting with the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        FTR, I think Bud is a tremendously talented fighter and I actually consider him the #2 P4P fighter in the sport today.

However, I find it slightly contradictory when he’s throwing shade at PBC guys for not wanting to fight him, when:

-He was the guy who chose to resign with Arum in 2018, knowing full well that options would be limited.

-He was the guy who wanted to Pacquiao to come to 140 when that fight was discussed.

-He’s the guy likely fighting Kavaliauskas when Spence/Porter and Pacquiao/Thurman are fighting each other.

I think Crawford needs to understand that he needs the PBC fighters at 147 more than the PBC fighters need him, for instance if Spence doesn’t fight Crawford he could easily be matched with Porter, Pacquiao, Thurman, DSG etc, what alternative options are there for Crawford?
        I agree. It was a very foolish decision on Bud's part to resign with Top Rank which could very well come back to bite him in the ass. Pac on the other hand, made a very wise choice.

Not only did he sign with the PBC to fight Money May but also the PBC holds all the cards and belts at the 147 lbs division. They have the deepest stable of fighters in the world at the welterweight division.

So Pac has his choice of any fighter he wants at 147; Unlike Bud Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          i can see where ur coming from OP, but at the end of the day above everything i always felt it was silly that the promotional groups cant/dont want to work together
          I agree, it’s just stubbornness and greed. Crawford is in an unfortunate situation but it’s a situation he partly created.

Comment

Why do we live in a world where a fighter is being shamed for not picking a different promotional company to get the fights he wants?

Everybody needs to come to the table and make a fight with Crawford. I don’t even understand it, a victory over him is the quickest path to superstardom.

Comment

He can fight Ugas. He can fight Lipinets. How does Crawford get to jump the line fighting cans while the PBC welterweights are fighting each other?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I agree. It was a very foolish decision on Bud's part to resign with Top Rank which very may just come back to bite him in the ass. Pac on the other hand, made a very wise choice.

Not only did he sign with the PBC to fight Money May but also the PBC holds all the cards and belts at the 147 lbs division. They have the deepest stable of fighters in the world at the welterweight division.

So Pac has his choice of any fighter he wants at 147; Unlike Bud Crawford.
                Exactly, I understand that he will have loyalty towards Arum who’s guided his career thus far, but there are far better options at PBC and he must’ve been aware of that when he re-signed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  Why do we live in a world where a fighter is being shamed for not picking a different promotional company to get the fights he wants?

Everybody needs to come to the table and make a fight with Crawford. I don’t even understand it, a victory over him is the quickest path to superstardom.
                  It’s not though...

Whilst he’s the most talented fighter, he’s nowhere near the draw someone like Pacquiao is.

I mean Crawford only done 150k buys last time out, even Spence has done better numbers than that.

Comment

On the upside, when all the PBC welters lose to Spence or one another, they can go to Crawford for a title shot. Porter, Danny, Thurman, can all make fights with Crawford next year. He can also try luring Mikey in for a shot at his title too.

Comment

Working...
                    X