Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you tell if your "fit" for boxing!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell if your "fit" for boxing!?

Hey guys, im a new user, but been here for a while! Im so sorry if this is somewhere on the site already, or something like this. But it would be awesome if some of yas could help!

Me and a couple friends have just started working out, lets say three months in....and we spar for about six rounds after each workout(bag, weights, pads, rope) and afterwards we are so dead.... I was just wondering how do we tell if this is something were good at? And if we should keep perusing the dream.... I mean, we both love it, we train every weekday and take weekends off....Im only asking here because in no way could we reach a gym from where we live and find a trainer who actually cares! What should we be looking for? What do we work on!?

The heavy bag is getting tiresome....and it seems like we both dread working that....any ideas on how to keep our workouts fresh? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Well, if you're tired of the heavy bag then you're done boxing. You've beat the game. Time to choose another one.

Or.. you could mix up routines on the heavy bag and make it "fun" again. You'll NEVER stop hitting it.

And get to a ****ing gym. You don't spar with your "friends" after every workout, you play patty-cake with boxing gloves on.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
      Well, if you're tired of the heavy bag then you're done boxing. You've beat the game. Time to choose another one.

Or.. you could mix up routines on the heavy bag and make it "fun" again. You'll NEVER stop hitting it.

And get to a ****ing gym. You don't spar with your "friends" after every workout, you play patty-cake with boxing gloves on.
      LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

/

if im been veery honest, you will never expirience real boxing unless you get your self down to a gym, if u search abut their must be gym, somwhere, evenif its miles away find out where one is, you need a gym! your sparring wont be real you will devolp slopy tecnique and wont learn the tricks and training methods of a boxer unless you have a coach, a ring, parters gym ect, teres a load more to boxing than you can ever imagine, fottwork,bag work,speed bag, speed ball, skipping, running, nutrition, sparing,bodysparinjg, jab,jab,jab more jab, right hands, left hands, hooks, upercuts, body movement, weights, sit ups, crunches, pushups,practice, practice, weaving,bobbing,side stepping, blocking,parrying,disipline, technique, twisting pushes, screw shots, combinations, chindown, elbows in, hard work, dedacation

thats not even 10% of the thi ngs involved in boxing, now i hope you see why you need a trainer and a gym.........

however if you aboslutley cant and i mean no way at all, no way by train bus, drive wen ur older mabey, but fro now if you cant join a gym then dont be discuraged because you can still box, but its gonna take loads of learning, buy a boxing dvd, read,read, and read some more learn everyting you can without a coach, how egsactly t throw the jab how to stand and how to box, learn veryting you can from the internet, dont think you no much because, you know noting, until you have some fights, devolp proper from and technique and belive me you may not be even punching properly or standing properly at the moment you need to learn eveyting! and practice to perfection,

ok that aside,

try sit ups pushups, shadow boxing, skipping running, sparring with mouth ands head gaurds on, and learn a load of the thins i mentioned above, watch boxing on tv/intwernet and learn off the pros,

my main point would be not to think you know what you are doing and go throwing sloppy punches and combos that you think look good, because its extremyl hard since you dont have a gym so make sure your doing everyting correct learn, from books ect internet.

if you cant join a gym you may want to look into how to arange your own amature bouts in a year or 2

Comment

/

o and yes ,....alway pursue the dram, dont ever give up, you have just as much cahnce as anyone else is abourt how much you want it

Comment

this is so so simple.

You and your mate need more motivation and show the gym trainers ur hungry (trainers like to see hungry fighters) - thats wat will get u in a gym ! you need a lot more discipline, mind and body! start doing aerobic workouts, search up new weight workouts to train muscles u havent thought of trainin. look up different styles, workout ur current weight class and ur target weight class, plan a diet.

its all down to just how much u want to box (on any level) at the end of the day. If u show it and commit more (rather than a spar with a friend and punchin the bag however u like) then u'll get somewhere (whether its just fitness and fun - but at a gym rather than with a mate.. or whether its amateur/pro)

get hungry and get workin ffs

Comment

Yeah man, its hard to get to a gym everyday thats all....i used to go to a MMA club but i find boxing way more fun. And yeah ky, you're right, sparring with friends is nothing compared to a gym partner but hey....we are trying, and we dont take it easy on eachother, were both 19 and very competitive. Im moving to a more rural area here in a couple months, so thats when i will join a club, so i was just looking for some tips thats all....thanks alot Tricky, it means a hell of alot!

Comment

when your black yo

Comment

your trainer will tell

at my old gym youd have to run atleast 3000meter in 12 minuts and bench 80% of your weight, squat 150% ore atleast something like that to get a license

Comment

Working...
                  X