Collapse
No announcement yet.

how bad is whole milk for you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only difference is the fat content, and if you are only using it for cereal or an occasional drink then it's no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
      I love milk, but my Mum won't let me have whole milk, because I drink 2-4 pints a day.
      yea...u love it, what does your body think of it...it shows

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
        how bad is whole milk for you?
        I find myself drinking more milk now that i have 2 cereals a day is it bad for me?
        change to skimmed.....soon youl get used to it and love it.

save you a bit off kcalories with lower fat.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCoe View Post
          Whole milk is fine, don't become one of those people who are controlled by everything and don't even live a life. Let's be honest here, all of us here, speaking specifically to those who actually box and not pretenders, see our idea of fun as going through intensive training to then get in the ring and hit one and another. Also, boxing is probably one of the hardest sports out there and one of the most intensive. Either way, we have far more to worry about, whether it's our mindset or training, than whether our milk has a little extra fat.

Whole milk is fine. Milk is good for you, if you want to take away all of it's bad properties then eventually you'll find yourself having water with your cereal. Fat isn't a bad thing either, you need to consume fat, even more so when you do boxing training because you need the energy. Fat only becomes a bad thing when you don't use it and it stores.
          this is the best advice you will hear on the subject my friend ^^^^ well written and totally correct

Comment

Originally posted by the_godslayer View Post
            this is the best advice you will hear on the subject my friend ^^^^ well written and totally correct
            yeh gd advice there

Comment

is milk really good for you, consider this, how many adult animals drink milk? the answer is none, cows milk is suitable for cows/calves not human beings. Adult animals are perfectly healthy without milk, human beings who are lactose intolerant are perfectly healthy without milk. There are plenty of high biological value protein sources available to us such as meat, fish and eggs from which we can derive both essential and non essential amino acids which aid in muscle growth and repair, so whilst milk can indeed be deemed as 'good for you' it is also not an essential part of a persons diet for the previously mentioned reasons. So to summarise, if you are worried about the relative goodness of milk as opposed to its fat content, the opportunity is available to people to analyse their diet and add meat, eggs and other H.B.V sources of protein that will more than eradicate the need for milk in a persons diet.

Comment

Originally posted by ironjab View Post
                is milk really good for you, consider this, how many adult animals drink milk? the answer is none
                I remember I read about it on the interweb and stopped taking milk for a while. But only for a while, I gotta have milk. I drink about 1.5 to 2 Litres a day, but that's because I have two bowls of porridge a day and a bowl of cornflakes as well as a couple of shakes.

If you drink as much as I do, you'd be advised to switch to skimmed milk. A lot of people don't like it as it is much thinner than whole milk. I went down to semi-skimmed first and then moved to skimmed. Can't drink anything else now, it tastes too thick. My UHT skimmed has 0.1g fat per 100ml, with a good protein, calcium and B12 content.

Works for me.

Comment

The best milk is whole, unpasteurised and natural. Straight from the cow, and preferrably organic too. The more natural a food the better. Skimmed milk is full of ****e. Fat doesn't make people fat, it is processed carbs and fried stuff that is killing them all! Reference: www.spartanhealth.com

Comment

Originally posted by ironjab View Post
                    is milk really good for you, consider this, how many adult animals drink milk? the answer is none, cows milk is suitable for cows/calves not human beings. Adult animals are perfectly healthy without milk, human beings who are lactose intolerant are perfectly healthy without milk. There are plenty of high biological value protein sources available to us such as meat, fish and eggs from which we can derive both essential and non essential amino acids which aid in muscle growth and repair, so whilst milk can indeed be deemed as 'good for you' it is also not an essential part of a persons diet for the previously mentioned reasons. So to summarise, if you are worried about the relative goodness of milk as opposed to its fat content, the opportunity is available to people to analyse their diet and add meat, eggs and other H.B.V sources of protein that will more than eradicate the need for milk in a persons diet.
                    Everyone should check out sites such as http://www.notmilk.com/ or http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp you shouldn't just be worried about fat content, etc.

Personally I drink milk sparingly, I have water with my whey, **** all milk on my cereal. Like the guy above has said; Cow's milk is for calves not grown adults. Hell even the link between drinking/eating a lot of diary and osteoporosis seems false. However do what you want, you have to place a value on how much you like milk on the possible gains of not having it.

Comment

Drink Goats milk then. The guy is talking ****. The milk is not there for calves because there is too much left in the farm animal for us. Domesticated animals are made to serve us! Plus you're just a bit too old to go pull on your mums ******* whenever you have a latte. Would be a bit inconvenient don't you think? Raw Goats milk is best. Check my sourcethat I posted above.

If the guy had a point why mention eggs? They're for growing chickens. Adults do drink milk. Are you telling me you never chomped on a pregnant slags juicy *******? If you haven't then you haven't lived. I bet alot of adult humans drink milk when their birds asleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X