Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Joshua Will NEVER Be The Same - Ruiz Rematch is Insane!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
    Problem is Joshua has been fighting Journeyman in his world title fights. I mean he won a title from Charles Martin.

Ruiz is not even a top guy, and he destroyed AJ.

You guys are not realizing AJ got taken to school by a non top 10 HW.

AJ is not world class level.
    I’m not even an AJ fan but he beat some good HWs. Povetkin & Klitschko were on the decline but still good wins. I don’t consider Takam & Parker journeymen either. Journeymen are guys like Rossy & Kevin Johnson. The closes defence to a journeyman would be Eric Molina but he beats all the journeymen. He is C+. Breazeale is A B level fringe contender. I don’t know what to think of Martin as he only fought Joshua & Kownacki above journeymen level. The Glazkov fight was a farce...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
      Wilder has bad defense and is wild, Joshua counters can put him to sleep

Wilder was K.Od before the referee helped him
      LOL!! Wilder has a bad defense now. I really like Andy but Wilder isnt like AJ who has been hurt by 4 different fighters and been on the canvas 5 times. AJs defense and Chin were suspect before the fight.

AJ is offensively talented and its one of the reasons he knocked down Ruiz. The problem with your assessment is that if Wilder knocks down Andy I dont see him making the same mistake AJ did and fighting him recklessly.

Plus Wilders jab is better than AJs and will keep Ruiz from walking him down. And if you think Ruiz will eat Wilders best punches easily, I think you are a little off track. Wilders power makes him a bad match up for everyone. Fury has the best make up to beat him and Wilder still floored him twice.

I think Fury could keep Ruiz at bay too. I think a young fighter with a similar amateur background like Ruiz, Jermaine Franklin (fast hands) could give him trouble too. Usyk and Whyte are a notch below Ruiz and I think he could beat them with ease. Ortiz is older but crafty and Andy could beat him too.

But the great thing about Ruiz is that he comes to fight and will probably be in some classic battles b4 its all said and done. I dont think Ruiz is head and shoulders the best of the Hwys but I think he can compete with the best and win a few. He's an entertaining boxer and its good for boxing for him to get a seat at the Hwy table too see who's the best of this era.

I think it great he put himself in the mix but I dont think people should go overboard with predictions and load this guy up with unneeded. expectations. Hopefully his Mexican fans dont make into him some type of savior/demigod and it goes to his head in a bad way. Just be happy with what he's accomplished and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Working...
      X