No announcement yet.

The science behind a knockdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The science behind a knockdown

What is the science behind a knockdown? What i mean is, when a boxer is hit with a good facial shot, what causes him to fall to the floor?

I understand a temporary loss of conciousness will make a guy fall. But sometimes a dude gets hit and falls, but it aint lights out, he remains concious - but still goes down.

Originally posted by Spinz
    What is the science behind a knockdown? What i mean is, when a boxer is hit with a good facial shot, what causes him to fall to the floor?

I understand a temporary loss of conciousness will make a guy fall. But sometimes a dude gets hit and falls, but it aint lights out, he remains concious - but still goes down.
    sumat to do with your cocaliya in your ear.

Comment

If he falls but isnt knocked out that just means the punch was so hard it knocked him on his ass

Comment

there could be a lsot of balance....you get hit so hard your brain hits the inside of your skull...a great shot to the face wich blacks him out...use your imagination

Comment

I dont know the exact science of it but I believe it is caused by the brain shaking inside your head and bouncing against the skull which basically scrambles your senses for a short time. Usually it is caused by a punch on the jaw.

Comment

Or it could be that your just tired out.. And too tired to handle any hard punches.

Comment

Ya true, but thats not being knocked out its one person collapsing out of exhaustion

Comment

from what ive heard, if you get hit hard enough right on the button, it scrambles your brain to the point where your legs go numb and give out from under you.

Comment

Originally posted by spinal
                  I dont know the exact science of it but I believe it is caused by the brain shaking inside your head and bouncing against the skull which basically scrambles your senses for a short time. Usually it is caused by a punch on the jaw.

exactly. your either a boxer that has been hit in the head. or u know your boxing **** good way to sum it up

Comment

yeah and sometimes a shot to the temple will cause you to lose muscular control in the legs but you'll stay awake. those are usually kos though.

Comment

Working...
                    X