No announcement yet.

Which country makes the best music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le samouraļ View Post
    That's the one man. I'd be curious to hear your opinion of it. It's a wild affair, and it has a few misses, but that's the price you sometimes pay for going all-out.

the f#ck did you just unleash in my apartment ?

on track # 2 so far. so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      the f#ck did you just unleash in my apartment ?

on track # 2 so far. so far so good.

Lol, I almost said "be careful; you might scare the neighbors." cool man!

Comment

Metallica an Pink floyd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
          UK: Rock

USA: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Country.

I would say probably USA, based on big or dominant contributions from all the genres listed. But, I don't know what the hell the rest of the world listens to. I am assuming USA music is popular everywhere. When I think of UK contributions I mostly think of Rock, mostly from 60s-70s.
          Exactly this.

UK has The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, and more modern bands like the Arctic Monkeys, etc. That's as GOAT as it gets in terms of rock music.

US has the rest.

Edit: Add Elton John, Radiohead, David Bowie, Oasis, Erick Clapton, Pink Floyd to UK's roster of musical talent.

HOLY ****! The UK has rock music on lock down.
          Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 01-16-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            Exactly this.

UK has The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, and more modern bands like the Arctic Monkeys, etc. That's as GOAT as it gets in terms of rock music.

US has the rest.
            I'd say the US wins out in terms of rock music too, even above the legendary names you mentioned above. I'd even say Germany was quite possibly more inventive towards the end of the 60s through most of the 70s. For sheer quantity it's hard to touch the Big Two, though.

Comment

I'd say the US wins out in terms of rock music too, even above the legendary names you mentioned above. I'd even say Germany was quite possibly more inventive towards the end of the 60s through most of the 70s. For sheer quantity it's hard to touch the Big Two, though.
              Check my edit. Radiohead alone is worth 5 US bands to me.

If we wanna be real. The only bands in the US that compare to the above listed bands are, Aerosmith, Mettalica, Guns N Roses, The Doors, KISS, Grateful Dead, Bon Jovi, and Van Halen.

Superb roster, but IMO, doesn't come close to the quality of the UKs bands.
              Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 01-16-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Exactly this.

US has the rest.

Edit: Add Elton John, Radiohead, David Bowie, Oasis, Erick Clapton, Pink Floyd to UK's roster of musical talent.

HOLY ****! The UK has rock music on lock down.

you missed pink floyd, dope. The U.S. Metallica, which is accounted for 1,000,000,000,000,000, dollars, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                  you missed pink floyd, dope. The U.S. Metallica, which is accounted for 1,000,000,000,000,000, dollars, son.
                  I have Pink Floyd in there, smart ass. I don't listen to Metallica.

How the hell did I forget Black Sabbath?

Comment

Check my edit. Radiohead alone is worth 5 US bands to me.

If we wanna be real. The only bands in the US that compare to the above listed bands are, Aerosmith, Mettalica, Guns N Roses, The Doors, KISS, Grateful Dead, Bon Jovi, and Van Halen.

Superb roster, but IMO, doesn't come close to the quality of the UKs bands.
                    The only American group you mentioned I consider great is The Doors. As for Radiohead, I have to say, I think they're seriously overrated.

Comment

The only American group you mentioned I consider great is The Doors. As for Radiohead, I have to say, I think they're seriously overrated.
                      Music is subjective. There is no overrated in music, unless we're talking about actual vocals and instrument skills.

You ever roll on some x and listen to a Radiohead album?

Comment

Working...
                      X