Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: I'll Chase Canelo To 168 - I'm Bigger, Better Than Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
    I want to see them fight each other. Earn your shot! No elevator rides to the top in boxing sorry..

Welterweight and middleweight are full of scary berries.. no one wants to put in the work to be a star. Shameful.
    Charlo Sis fought Mw Killers Heiland and Centeno to get her mandatory ranking...yea...she worked her way up...Lol!!

Comment

This guy is a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
        You didn't answer my question

his best wins are probably Lara and Cotto

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Lara and Cotto are probably his best wins

the golov-muppets will cry, and attempt to belittle those wins..... but excluding Mayweather, Lara was the best JMW on the planet..... and Canelo demanded to fight him against the wishes of his promoter

which is not exactly how Golovkin handled the challenge from Lara..... hide under Loeffler's skirt, make silly excuses, cry, then run off to fight Willie Monroe

same with Cotto..... he was the lineal champ, a HUGE superstar, and he was knocking out the same fools that Golovkin was knocking out

Canelo fought him, but Golovkin ruled himself ineligible..... first by accepting step-aside money, then by refusing to negotiate on weight

Lara and Cotto would be Golovkin's two best wins, so golov-muppets should STFU

but yea, Canelo needs more top-level wins.....

guys like breadman, etc, say that Canelo is a sure-fire lock for the HOF and is bordering on greatness..... but I don't see it that way.....

many of the name-opponents who Canelo fought on his way up were either older, or slipping..... which is fine, because boxing has always worked that way..... those guys are exactly who a young fighter should face when he is attempting to establish himself on the world stage..... but they need to be viewed in context when talking about greatness

WHO, with consideration given to when/how

he still has plenty of time

Golovkin was also pretty good

Comment

I am a Canelo guy, but I don't have a problem with what Charlo is saying..... he needs to face top guys in order to force that fight, sure..... but who has he ducked?

lets be honest here, he has beaten the same level of opponent that Golovkin feasted on for YEARS

Wilder put pressure on Joshua by fighting Fury

now questions are being asked

these other guys need to do the same

Jacobs deserves that fight, nobody else..... but Charlo is the WBC mando, so I don't expect him to keep quiet

not saying that I feel sorry for Charlo, or for anyone else..... because as was the case with Mayweather at welter, those guys are all ONE FIGHT away from forcing themselves into the picture..... Charlo, Andrade, Saunders, and now Brant..... if one of those guys beats another, he goes straight to the top of the class

that is the benefit of a freshly stacked division

even Golovkin..... who could easily miss out on another Canelo payday, and probably should..... why the fcuk wouldn't he fight Charlo ?

why the fcuk did that fight " make no sense " wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            Will you chase him to dazn tho? All well and good saying yeah I want Canelo and claiming he’s ducking without taking the necessary steps to make the fight
            Becoming his mandatory isn't taking the necessary step???

Charlo became his mandatory. And then Canelo announced he was fighting Rocky and that he signed with DAZN.

Charlo actually did take the necessary steps. Then Canelo moved up in weight to avoid him.

Its okay, we were all a at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              his best wins are probably Lara and Cotto

Golovkin was also pretty good
              Thanks. I would agree with you that those 3 were his best opponents.

I like how you broke it down too because that's exactly the point I'm trying to make.
              Canelo fans are so quick to dismiss anyone that wants to challenge Canelo with the same excuse. "Who have they fought? What have they done to earn it?"
              Canelo's resume is full of fighters who had no business being in the ring with him and that's fine to an extent.

If you feel your guy is the best in the sport. Why would you not want him to shut the mouths of everyone? Instead they dismiss everyone as not worthy. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Is that the same crowd that thought Triple L beat Nelo & did they look like this? LMMFAO!

LMFAO!!! And GGG fans bring up that 95% of the ringside media thought GGG won the fight.

Media needs to sell clicks amd het advertising. Telling the truth Canelo won doesnt get clicks. Telling lies, controversal and outrage sales clicks. Boxers and trainers who know the game most of their entire lives said Canelo won.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
                  Thanks. I would agree with you that those 3 were his best opponents.

I like how you broke it down too because that's exactly the point I'm trying to make.
                  Canelo fans are so quick to dismiss anyone that wants to challenge Canelo with the same excuse. "Who have they fought? What have they done to earn it?"
                  Canelo's resume is full of fighters who had no business being in the ring with him and that's fine to an extent.

If you feel your guy is the best in the sport. Why would you not want him to shut the mouths of everyone? Instead they dismiss everyone as not worthy. I don't get it.

good points there

Canelo should fight Jacobs, because he is.....
                  1) the most deserving middleweight.....
                  2) the highest qualified titleholder.....

Golovkin should fight Charlo, because he is.....
                  1) his mandatory
                  2) a shortcut to Canelo

and the winners should fight, determining " winner A "

Andrade should fight Saunders, and Brant should fight Derevyanchenko (or any mix of those 4 guys, but I like those matchups due to style)..... with the winners facing off, determining "winner B"

A + B = job done

the middleweight division could then be unified, with the top10 ranked correctly..... within 12-18 months time

amazing how I can solve that issue but still have problems balancing my chequebook?

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    And sign with the promoters that won't get that fight done? Makes no sense. Doesn't matter what Network your on cuz if he is the mandatory he will get his shot sooner or later whether you like it or not. Ducking is cheap!!
                    Mandatories doesn't generate large revenues. I can understand why they're ducking, Charlo brings little to the table. Dela Hoya has Canelo and Hearn have Jacobs and Andrade. If Charlo signs with them, fights can easily be made against stablemate champs.

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      Cnelo can only fight one fighter at a time.
                      He's fighting fellow GBP Lemieux next.
                      I expect this Charlo clown to take a long vacation again.
                      Or fight another scrub in the interim.
                      Nothing in between like Jacobs, Derevy, Andrade, etc.
                      Let's hope little Willie beat him to a pulp.
                      And why ginger is fighting this fielding fellow? Instead of fighting Jacobs, charlo or andrade...

Comment

Working...
                      X