Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: I'll Chase Canelo To 168 - I'm Bigger, Better Than Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    not sure

a unification with Jacobs would be great

it looks like we have a similar situation to welter

with the top guys all standing off each other

Porter is the only guy who proved that he will fight anyone

I think we will see the same with Canelo

a funny thing..... I saw a lot of people say that they wished Mayweather would retire..... so that HUGE potential payday would disappear, which would force the other guys to fight each other instead of waiting, hoping they would get lucky..... but, nope..... that did not happen

there could be a little bit of that with the Canelo payday..... his mandatories, will likely keep quiet and hope that the other guys eliminate each other..... like we just saw with Golovkin/Derevyanchenko and then Golovkin/Charlo

I hope that Canelo follows the Mayweather route

select the guys who are coming off big wins..... fight them while they are hot to maximize that money..... the guys who sit back and wait do not deserve a shot tbh

right now, Jacobs is the guy to fight at 160..... and like you said, if Charlo/Andrade fight, the winner becomes the obvious guy to select next
    100% agree and also billy Joe can be in the mix if he beats one of the top mw as well. Can't forget about him. But im not a fan of them calling out canelo and waiting him out

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfan84 View Post
      Charlo has the same issue as Crawford. All of the other best fighters in his weight class are on DAZN or likely about to sign with them or ESPN (GGG). So, Canelo will end up fighting Jacobs and Andrade before he ever faces Charlo.

Also, I like Charlo but let's not act like he is a killer because he used the phrase "Lions Only". His only KO win against a top guy is J-Rock. Canelo has fought Lara, Trout, GGG, Cotto, Mayweather, etc. Highly doubt he has any fear of Charlo. But, Uncle Al isn't going to let his fighter go to another network when he has deals with Showtime and Fox. Also, Canelo is at the point where he will vacate the WBC belt if they try to enforce a mandatory, like he did before.
      I'm sure the networks can work something out & its not #Lions Only that makes him a killer. And let Nelo dump the belt if that's what he wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
        canelo KO's charlow same way as Kirkland. it would be the same fight
        Don't bet your pay check.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
          those 3 have to fight each other
          Here we go on the body guard stuff....SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            No it was JERMALL. Not Jermell that was boo'd. Im reading right now.

"The crowd boo'd loudly when the scores were read out to let the judges know they felt Trout should have won".
            Is that the same crowd that thought Triple L beat Nelo & did they look like this? LMMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              Who said anything about signing? He’ll have to fight on that platform if he wants the fight that much is clear or are you going to play ignorant?
              I'm very sure they can work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Canelo may have the second best resume of any active boxer behind Manny.

If you can think of anyone who has better I'd love to hear who.

Lara and Cotto are probably his best wins

the golov-muppets will cry, and attempt to belittle those wins..... but excluding Mayweather, Lara was the best JMW on the planet..... and Canelo demanded to fight him against the wishes of his promoter

which is not exactly how Golovkin handled the challenge from Lara..... hide under Loeffler's skirt, make silly excuses, cry, then run off to fight Willie Monroe

same with Cotto..... he was the lineal champ, a HUGE superstar, and he was knocking out the same fools that Golovkin was knocking out

Canelo fought him, but Golovkin ruled himself ineligible..... first by accepting step-aside money, then by refusing to negotiate on weight

Lara and Cotto would be Golovkin's two best wins, so golov-muppets should STFU

but yea, Canelo needs more top-level wins.....

guys like breadman, etc, say that Canelo is a sure-fire lock for the HOF and is bordering on greatness..... but I don't see it that way.....

many of the name-opponents who Canelo fought on his way up were either older, or slipping..... which is fine, because boxing has always worked that way..... those guys are exactly who a young fighter should face when he is attempting to establish himself on the world stage..... but they need to be viewed in context when talking about greatness

WHO, with consideration given to when/how

he still has plenty of time

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  And I think one of those 3 is next. To me honest I think Jacobs is next... Then what? You think Andrade will fight charlo to get canelo next? I doubt it. I think they will just keep fighting others and avoid each other while calling for canelo.
                  I heard that they might put lemuix in with Nelo next.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    You cowards and your focking road blocks. The man moved up specifically to get that WBC strap. He's the mandatory, the ex champ got lucky after crying like a b1tch and they're both trying to flee the division. We all know what's going on there.

Charlo is doing EXACTLY what Golovkin did to Martinez

the golov-muppets called Martinez a coward

but now that Charlo is doing the same thing to Golovkin..... Charlo suddenly needs to prove himself and earn that fight

my how things change LMAO

Comment

Non of these 160 guys beats top 168 guys. They are simply too big. Callum is huge against 160 guys.

Jermall -canelo at 168? i don`t know, but Charlo is a big boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X