Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul woulda been hitting air and shoulders all night. His work rate woulda dropped due as Floyd would have had him resetting all night. Top it with the fact that he didn't have heavy hand or the underrated ring generalship skills of a maidaina , it woulda been a wide UD for Floyd. This coming from a guy that loves Pwill

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
      And I'd say that as big a fan as I am of JMM I wouldn't say the fourth fight nullified the first three fights. I didn't walk out of the fourth fight and say JMM is better than Pac.
      You should have. Because that's exactly what was proven and confirmed - and why a fifth didn't make any sense.

You got 3 close fights - where Manny couldn't decisively beat this guy. Then gets sparked - settling once and for all who the better guy was.

Comment

The size and work rate would've been a problem for him. Williams struggled the most against lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          You should have. Because that's exactly what was proven and confirmed - and why a fifth didn't make any sense.

You got 3 close fights - where Manny couldn't decisively beat this guy. Then gets sparked - settling once and for all who the better guy was.
          Not really he was getting beat pretty bad before the knock out.Its still 2 wins to one loss and a draw.And the draw should of been a win since the first round was scored wrong.
          Last edited by ippo; 09-26-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            The size and work rate would've been a problem for him. Williams struggled the most against lefties.
            The losses where to pretty good lefties. How many GOOD right handers did he fight besides Margarito?

Comment

Paul had too much size and reach for Floyd. Would have been a nightmare for Floyd.

Comment

Do we forget Williams lost to Carlos Quintana?He got outboxed,if that guy could do it so could floyd.But i still think floyd should of fought williams and margarito.But they were too dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

That's JMM homer talk . . . and I am a huge JMM fan. In fact I damn lost money on him in the first fight vs Pac. I was on the JMM bandwagon well before 95% of his fans.

Those two guys were equally matched against each other. JMM was getting the worst of it in the fourth fight but one spectacular punch and BAM.

But no the one punch didn't settle it for ever and everyone would have been willing to see it go again. I also believe, and it pains me to say, I think JMM was juiced for that fight. But that said it wouldn't have surprised me to hear Pac was to. I think boxing is pretty dirty.

And trying to throw Golovkin-Canelo 2 in there with those other fights was silly. You can at least make the argument that those other fights had decisive ends, no one in their right mind thinks Canelo vs Golovkin 2 ended even close to decisive. If you are going to go with a non-KO then go with Mayweather vs. Castillo 2. I thought Castillo won the first fight but Mayweather was decisive in fight 2 without a KO. He was the better fighter.

Comment

They always say size and reach. Williams rarely used his size or reach lol. His work rate would've went down just like all Floyd's better opponents also. He would've been picked apart but would've made Floyd work for it. The guy was overrated and sloppy imo. Floyd fought and beat better guys than Williams.

Comment

He was tall, rangy, excellent boxing skills. Threw 100 punches per round, a solid pressure fighter. He also beat three of the fighters Floyd ducked—Margarito, Winky and Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X