Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao: "Top Rank picked Bradley"

http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-spo...one-last-fight

Originally posted by Rappler.com
    Pacquiao says it was his promoter Top Rank who picked Bradley. It mattered little to him whether it was Bradley, or Terence Crawford, or Amir Khan, as were the other choices that had been considered.

“I don’t care. I don’t care,” Pacquiao repeated.
    So Bob Arum, a noted liar, says Pacquiao picked Bradley over Crawford (which is who Arum said he wanted). Pacquiao, a noted liar, says Top Rank (Arum) picked Bradley.

Too many lies, but this time, I think Manny's lying. Even Arum admitted that it'll be a tough fight to promote and likely will struggle on the buys.

More likely, Manny said "I don't care" and someone - likely Roach - said, "no Crawford".

EDIT: and now Mike Koncz says it was him.

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiaos...lected--100245

Originally posted by BoxingScene.com
    "Again, my job is to do the best I can do for Manny and unfortunately whether the fans like it or not, that's in the financial aspect and that's what I did."
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 01-12-2016, 07:13 PM.

We all know what time it is but who cares who Pacquiao fights? The man has nothing left to prove in boxing after such a long magnificent career, he can fight Freddie Roach on PPV for all I care, I'm not gonna watch it, but if that's what he wants to do then he can do it.

Comment

Arum already admitted he's the one who picked Bradley. Recent articles here indicated he's justifying the pick, such as cable companies approving the fight, Ted Atlas would bring something new, etc. How would you expect Pacquiao, or any boxer for that matter, to care about such mundane things?

What's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-spo...one-last-fight

So Bob Arum, a noted liar, says Pacquiao picked Bradley over Crawford (which is who Arum said he wanted). Pacquiao, a noted liar, says Top Rank (Arum) picked Bradley.

Too many lies, but this time, I think Manny's lying. Even Arum admitted that it'll be a tough fight to promote and likely will struggle on the buys.

More likely, Manny said "I don't care" and someone - likely Roach - said, "no Crawford".
        pacquiao and arum wanted to fight bradley all along. pacquiao is a POS and a known liar, so is arum......so now they're playing hot potato with the blame for such a garbage fight. i don't care though cause he can fight whoever he wants at this point.
        Last edited by Xi_; 01-11-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Two known liars lying.

Crawford or Broner would have been better choices.

TOP PRANK Boxing!

Comment

9Can't help but feel bad for manny p cant the man think for himself?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              Arum already admitted he's the one who picked Bradley.
              That's NOT what he OR Manny said just over a week ago.

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-....A6Cn1IJI.dpuf

Originally posted by BoxingScene.com
              According to Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, he was not the deciding party in who Manny Pacquiao would face on April 9th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao had three options on the table - WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford and British superstar Amir Khan.

Most fans were hoping for either Crawford or Khan, because Pacquiao had already faced Bradley twice in the past. Crawford is the young, up and coming star who many insiders view as a future pound-for-pound player. Khan would have provided a great storyline. He was Pacquiao's stablemate for several years when the two fighters were trained by Freddie Roach. Khan left Roach in 2012 and hired Virgil Hunter. There are heated debates over which fighter had the edge when the two of them were involved in competitive closed door sparring sessions.

At the end of the day, Arum says the financial outlook on pay-per-view and the overall performance of the show persuaded Pacquiao to pick Bradley (31-1-1, 13 KOs).

http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/01/02...-ppv-potential

Originally posted by ABS-CBN News
              Top Rank Inc. CEO Bob Arum believes a third fight between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley Jr. makes the most sense from a business perspective.

This, he said, is what convinced the eight-division former world champion to pick Bradley for an April 9 fight date.

Bradley, the current WBO welterweight champion, has already had two bouts with Pacquiao.

But Pacquiao said other factors also made Bradley the best choice for his next fight.

"So contrary to what some sectors believe, the choice of Bradley was not based solely on a business standpoint," Pacquiao told Philboxing's Eddie Alinea. "There were many factors our team, headed by promoter Bob Arum, considered."

"And the most important, of course, was what fight can give fans the enjoyment and excitement they expect, which, actually is my primary criteria in choosing an opponent," he said.

Comment

As if we didn't know that Arum was a liar. He's going to make Pac fight who he wants Pac to fight. Do you remember Mosley?

At least here Bradley is coming of an impressive victory, when Pac fought Mosley he was coming off a loss to Floyd and a draw to Mora.

Yet we were forced to watch Mosley in that absolutely horrible PPV.

Comment

Doesn't really matter, they picked Bradley for many reasons.
                  1. He already beat him (twice)
                  2. He is not a KO artist
                  3. He isn't in his prime, young and hungry
                  4. A loss to Bradley won't hurt him
                  5. Bradley is better known, coming off stoppage of Rios

Not saying I agree, but it isn't that hard to see. Crawford could stop Manny (that was what I thought), Bradley couldn't in 24 rounds, so it is unlikely he will now.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                    Doesn't really matter, they picked Bradley for many reasons.
                    1. He already beat him (twice)
                    2. He is not a KO artist
                    3. He isn't in his prime, young and hungry
                    4. A loss to Bradley won't hurt him
                    5. Bradley is better known, coming off stoppage of Rios

Not saying I agree, but it isn't that hard to see. Crawford could stop Manny (that was what I thought), Bradley couldn't in 24 rounds, so it is unlikely he will now.
                    See I don't understand this logic.

Bradley LASTED 24 rounds against a guy who blew out Oscar De La Hoya, Erik Morales (twice), Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto, and Bradley blew out a guy that Manny couldn't even hurt.

Meanwhile, Manny couldn't really stop Marquez over 42 rounds. 42! And got put to sleep for his troubles. Yet, Bradley made easy work of Marquez over 12.

Seems to me that it's a styles issue. Overly aggressive fighters, Manny walks through. Overly stationary fighters, Manny outboxes. But when it's a pure counterpuncher, Manny has problems. I think we'll see that with Bradley especially if the Fireman Bradley shows up.

Comment

Working...
                    X